Discussion Forum

Chelsea v Boro: EFL...

Chelsea v Boro: EFL Cup SF 2nd-leg

118 Posts
23 Users
670 Reactions

In these times of heightened emotions, when we're all hiding behind our chosen piece of furniture and consuming our chosen comforter, we nevertheless rely on Michael Carrick staying calm and level-headed. 

It turns out that he's always been calm and level-headed, at least since the age of 13.

My apologies if you all seen this before, but it was a new one on me.

Site Creator
Topic starter  

@peter-surtees 

Not seen it either - brilliant clip and yes he's not changed over the years!

ReplyQuote

While I'm apologising, I'd also like to apologise for my grammatical error.

After Werder's brilliant opener, I don't want to bring the standards down.

ReplyQuote

@peter-surtees 

Lovely documentary, Peter. You can see that the child is father of the man. Also enjoyed the Mannion piece which accompanies it. 

Thanks for posting 

Site Creator
Topic starter  

@peter-surtees 

Don't worry, I seem to be always missing out words when typing these days - I think it's the price you pay for not being able to type as fast as that voice in your head is dictating as I never do it when either talking or writing  🙂 

Site Creator
Topic starter  

Like Len, I also enjoyed watching the Wilf Mannion piece that came after the young Michael Carrick one - but after that came The Brian Clough Story that was made in 2009 and got really absorbed by it until I realised it was 11:30pm and I had to be up at 6am and the programme was over an hour long. Anyway, finished watching it over breakfast and certainly well worth watching - hopefully there'll be something to watch this evening that will keep me awake...

@peter-surtees.  Just wanted to thank you for the link to the documentary.  

I have had a lovely morning watching the videos of Michael Carrick, Wilf Mannion and Jack Charlton all of which have been lovely to watch.

Not sure Mrs P will be as pleased as I was supposed to be doing a few jobs whilst she was at the hairdressers! 😎

@k-p-in-spain 

I'm sure you'll have some spare time to catch up with your jobs this evening. There's not anything special happening this evening is there?

ReplyQuote
Powmill-Naemore

Posted by: @peter-surtees

@k-p-in-spain 

I'm sure you'll have some spare time to catch up with your jobs this evening. There's not anything special happening this evening is there?

🤣 

ReplyQuote

Thankfully my meet up every Tuesday with an old friend has been postponed due to the weather. So I will be able to watch the match. Yes!!!

ReplyQuote

ReplyQuote

The one good thing about the Rogers transfer tussle for Boro, is that tonight’s match against Chelsea, is the last game before the end of the transfer window.

Come on BORO.

Clive Hurren

Now, do you think I should wear my lucky underpants? 

ReplyQuote
Site Creator
Topic starter  

@clive-hurren 

At the very least 😉 

ReplyQuote
Powmill-Naemore

@clive-hurren Yes, but on the inside, not the outside of your trousers

ReplyQuote

I shall be watching this from behind the sofa with one hand over my eyes 👀 Depends who’s fit for the game tonight. At least we’ve got Roger’s back for this game and hopefully Hackney is not distracted like he was on Saturday with all these transfer rumours

OFB

Liked by 4 people: Selwynoz, Malcolm, Clive Hurren and K P in Spain

ReplyQuote

@clive-hurren 

Wear your lucky underpants?

Why? Boro aren’t on skid row yet!

OFB

ReplyQuote

Let’s face it 

This is the biggest game we have had in years and whilst we hope and hope to go one stage further, let’s not be in any doubt what Boro are up against.

I only hope that we put up a good performance and that the experience will help our players signed this season, come to realise that they have joined a big club in the making. 

The importance of this game and Boro performances against Villa and Chelsea have put our players and manager in the spotlight.

Hopefully we can hang on to them and gain promotion because we were so close last season only to see it dissipate and fall away.

Im going to be confident and forecast 

Chelsea 0 Boro3 !

Did I tell you I had a new pair of foam hands 🙌 for my Birthday ? It’s in two weeks but when we win tonight it will be all my birthdays at once !

OFB

Liked by 4 people: Selwynoz, Malcolm, Clive Hurren and K P in Spain

ReplyQuote
Powmill-Naemore

@original-fat-bob Nurse will be with you shortly for your medication ...

ReplyQuote
Clive Hurren

@ofb and powmill 

Wear your lucky underpants?

Why? Boro aren’t on skid row yet!

On the inside not the outside! 

😂😂😂

ReplyQuote

ReplyQuote

One major blow for boro tonight not!!!!   Neil Maddison has had to pull out of the Tees commentary. That's a good sign 😉 😉  

ReplyQuote

Sorry, @werdermouth to have ignored the stream and your Opener until today.  I am thinking of applying for a job either as a lumberjack or a waste disposal operative as I have, with the assistance of my son, delivered a large wooden garden shed and a (separate) wooden garage door (in broken down sections) together with other waste wood that can't be burned, to my local tip. I've still got some left, but that's enough for this little session.  Cleaning the Santa Fe afterwards was a bit of a chore in the wind and rain, but some of the wood was muddy through being piled in the garden after being broken down to await its final journey, and the car will be needed for the trip to Ullapool starting (too) early tomorrow morning. I think I will be operating on Kyiv time as the weather isn't forecast to be very pleasant and I'd like to take it carefully yet still arrive in daylight (sunrise there will be at 8.42am and sunset there at 4.23pm tomorrow). But since sunrise and sunset there on 21st December were 9.04am and 3.33pm respectively, it is clear that the days are ALREADY getting noticeably longer - currently by 3mins 54 secs per day. Approximately 72 mintues more daylight now than before Christmas, if you are interested.  Only fuel and loading-up left to do before the journey...

I enjoyed the Opener and the various responses. I dare not predict an outcome for this evening's game away to Chelsea in light of the undue optimism I showed before the last game at home to lowly Rotherham.  I will be nervous. I will start off with hope. If offered a draw now, I'd bite your hand off.  But the butcher this morning, when I pooped in on the way back from the tip, was in deep comnversation with another customer who insisted Boro would win 2-0 tonight.  I'm not going to haggle - I'd take that!

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

@forever-dormo You pooped in the butcher’s?

ReplyQuote
Philip of Huddersfield

To succeed over 2 legs would be a major achievement. Would it be bigger than Boro’s only trophy success 20 years ago when they were a Premiership team and not the massive underdogs they are tonight? I believe it would.

Unfortunately , I can’t see it happening as I don’t expect Chelsea to be as bad as they were in the first leg missing so many chances.

I think it will be backs to the wall, as Boro with all their injuries and some returning players lacking match sharpness. It’s a pity that Latte and ( I assume) Jones will be missing as their pace could have caused problems if Boro players had pinged long balls as a way of moving up the pitch.

So, my wish is that the team play well - it will have to be miles better than against Rotherham - and I’ll take whatever score that brings.

A final thought   - this cup run has put Boro back on the map which can only be good.

Philip of Huddersfield 

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@malcolm I like Neil Maddison. The other guy is not a Allistair Brownley, though! Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote
jarkko

I am on a business trip - and alone in a hotel room. Any idea what to do? I have access to ViaPlay and some footy. But what to watch? Anyone?

Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote

@jarkko 

Do you want to see a blues movie ?

Do you want to see some gore and violence?

Do you want to see a David v Goliath tussle?

Do you want to see the good guys win?

Then watch Chelsea v Boro live tonight !

OFB

ReplyQuote

@jarkko 

Craig Hignett stood in for NM a few weeks ago. He was brilliant.

ReplyQuote
Site Creator
Topic starter  

Team News...

So Jones isn't in the squad but Jonny Howson is fit - thankfully Rogers is still a Boro player and is joined up front by Crooks and Forss with both Barlaser and Hackney starting - looks like a back four with RvdB at right-back - though Dijksteel is on the bench as is McNair. Coburn and his groin also on the bench with O'Brien being the only other senior player on the bench - so four semi-crocked players on the bench and some youngsters.

This post was modified 6 months ago by werdermouth

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: