Discussion Forum

BORO v Watford

BORO v Watford

132 Posts
18 Users
695 Reactions
jarkko

@pedro I googled this about Chris Rea: https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/entertainment/celebrities/chris-rea

Earlier this year I saw one of his Ferraris for sale in blue.

Any new about Mogga, anyone? Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

@jarkko. Thanks for that Jarrko.

ReplyQuote

@john-richardson 

John McCoy who owned the Kirk was the lead singer with the Crawdaddies. He still sings at the Crathorne Arms on music nights which is owned by his brother Eugene McCoy.

i played in a band /grouo in the sixties and we did a few gigs at the Kirk but not with Chris Rea

OFB

Liked by 4 people: Selwynoz, K P in Spain, John Richardson and jarkko

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@original-fat-bob But I don't think there is a third brother in the McCoy family. 🤣🤣🤣

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_McCoy I know this McCoy's cousin, though. And seen his statue in Lapland.

Up the Boro!

This post was modified 3 months ago by jarkko

ReplyQuote
Powmill-Naemore

Posted by: @jarkko

@original-fat-bob But I don't think there is a third brother in the McCoy family. 🤣🤣🤣

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_McCoy I know this McCoy's cousin, though. And seen his statue in Lapland.

Up the Boro!

[/quote suppose that'll be the real McCoy then....

Grabs coat and exits stage left 

ReplyQuote

@original-fat-bob Thanks for the replies to my memory jog fellow Diasboreans. It seems that it has started a 'Kirk' thread pre-Watford, a little bit of Teesside 1960's history too.

After I moved to London it was "Middle Earth' and Pink Floyd, Captain Beefheart etc., The Round House, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors and others followed by Hyde Park and The Albert Hall where there some cracking bands, The Byrds, Mothers of Invention, Chicago and many others. A totally different world. Our kids are now after the vinyl... they can wait!

Thanks everyone I enjoyed that trip!

UTB,

John

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@john-richardson Do we still have a Boro match this season? Oops, I forgot the main thing. The sun is shining and we finally got some nice (nearly summer) temperatures after a snow storm last week. Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote

@jarkko We had a hail storm and a lot of rain but today and yesterday it finally feels like spring. I think the FA Cup Final was always an early Saturday in May, the first or second, and the crowd was always in shirtsleeves. It always seemed warm and sunny for THE game of the season

Yes Jarkko we still have one game to go before we all get frustrated and hungry for news about what is happening and then the run-up to pre-season again!

ATB,

UTB,

John

This post was modified 3 months ago by John Richardson

ReplyQuote

At least we have the Euro finals this summer (June 14 - July 14) for those interested or just needing a football fix 😂😂😂.

Come on BORO.

This post was modified 3 months ago by exmil

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

I DID have a problem logging in to Diasboro earlier today but there is clearly no issue now.

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @forever-dormo

I DID have a problem logging in to Diasboro earlier today but there is clearly no issue now.

Webermouth must have performed the mystical CTRL ALT DEL three fingered salute on the site

This post was modified 3 months ago by PaulInBoro

ReplyQuote
jarkko

QPR winger Albert Adomah will leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the season.

The former Ghana international came off the bench in his side's 4-0 thrashing of Leeds to become the Championship's all-time leading appearance-maker with 525 games.

Adomah used to be my favourite player when he was at Boro. He has no plans to retire just yet, so it will interesting to see where he ends up next season. Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote
jarkko

Perhaps I should add that Adomah is 36 yeras old now, same as Jonny Howson.  But our Jonny has been playing more regularly this season. 

About the match tomorrow, I won't see the start of the match as we plan to see our son's match starting 1 h and 15 min earlier. He is a coach in a futsal match and the winners will be be crowded as the Finnish champions as it is the final match of the play-offs.

I hope Boro play well. Watford are good at defending, so I do not expect to see us scoring four. As said earlier, I will go for a 2-0 win. I hope Latte Lath to score and keep his excellent record. What a man.

So let's hope we'll ser a nice end to this difficult season. A season that started badly after a summer of change, and continued with the most horrible amount of injuries we have ever seen at the club. Next season must be better if we can avoid the injuries and buy 3...4 quality players and promote one from the academy.

Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote
jarkko

And lastly from me.

Player of the Month - Sky Bet Championship: Emmanuel Latte Lath (Middlesbrough)

Middlesbrough striker Emmanuel Latte Lath has been named the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month for April.

The Ivorian scored half of his side’s goals in April, seven out of 14 in six games, and added an assist. To his work-rate and enthusiasm, he brought sureness of touch and a clinical accuracy whether finishing off team moves or solo runs.

Latte Lath said: “It has been a great month for me and the team, I am really enjoying my football and of course scoring goals. We’re all looking forward to what’s ahead.

“Thank you to all the amazing Boro fans, who have supported us home and away all season.”

An excellent choice. I really like LL and hope he will be in fine form for next season, too. Up the Boro!

Site Creator

@paulinboro 

Unfortunately it wasn't so mystical as that - it was the same problem as last year where the renewal of diasboro.club domain didn't go through automatically and the company basically block the url until you pay them. Only noticed yesterday morning as the renewal email went into my junk folder and have been very busy at the moment - I'll hopefully find time to actually read Forever Dormo's starter later but it's back to the toil...

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

Posted by: @john-richardson

@martin-bellamy I won't tell anyone.

UTB,

John

PS I bet you were poorly the next morning if not that night!

I was actually absent from College for a couple of days - haven’t touched Southern Comfort since 🤮

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Good Luck, Jarkko, to your son's team in the Futsal play-offs.

Liked by 4 people: Selwynoz, K P in Spain, jarkko and Original Fat Bob

ReplyQuote

Today Jonny Howson has signed a new 1 year contract.

Come on BORO.

Liked by 4 people: lenmasterman, Selwynoz, K P in Spain and werdermouth

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

Finally got (was given?) a chance to read FD's opener since unlike Elton I'm no longer standing after a busy day ended when I ran up a small embankment in the garden to unplug a cable and somehow tore my calf muscle - that's probably my body reminding me I'm going to be 60 in a couple of months while my brain is insisting I'm not a day over 35!

Anyway, thanks for a very entertaining preview and one wonders what Mr John makes of the trigger-happy Pozzo family - I'd be surprised if Tom Cleverly has even bothered to get his initials on his tracksuit yet given his tenure is likely to be up for discussion next week if he ends the season with as many downward thumbs as wins.

I suspect Boro v Watford on Saturday will not be a game any neutral will be tuning into given the potential of promotion and relegation shocks elsewhere - looking at the fixtures, I'm actually fearing for Blackburn's Championship status with their trip to Leicester but it's going to be a stressful afternoon for many club and supporters.

No stress for the Teesside faithful as it's just about seeing if we're entertained again as the team appears to be playing with confidence without the worries of needing a result. Perhaps we just need to begin next season without telling the players that they're supposed to go for promotion!

@werdermouth 

And there was mean thinking you had gone all IT support on us and rebooted just to make sure

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

@paulinboro 

I think I need a reboot now...

ReplyQuote

@exmil.  Excellent news, better late than never! 😎

ReplyQuote

@werdermouth.  So sorry to hear about the torn calf muscle, I hope you are not in too much discomfort and it repairs very quickly and without the need for surgery.

Puts supporting the Boro to a new extreme and not for me ! 😎

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Just one more sleep and, this time tomorrow, the BORO's Championship season will be over.  Let's hope the players get a good night's sleep and come out of the traps at full pelt on Saturday.

Liked by K P in Spain and Selwynoz
ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

Posted by: @clive-hurren

dormo, selwynoz

Kieran Maguire has already been voted Championship Manager of the Year, and quite rightly so in my view. 

Kieran McKenna I assume

Liked by jarkko
ReplyQuote

Interesting article on streaming developments next season:

https://theathletic.com/5434909/2024/05/03/sky-sports-efl-ifollow/ 😎

Liked by Selwynoz and jarkko
ReplyQuote

West Ham Zone are reporting that the Hammers are close to the £18m signing of Hayden Hackney, how much value is in the story I don’t know.

Come on BORO.

Liked by K P in Spain
ReplyQuote

@exmil Article link attached:

https://www.westhamzone.com/transfers/west-ham-united-on-verge-of-18m-deal-to-sign-middlesbrough-midfielder-hayden-hackney/

Need to scroll down a bit to find it!  I agree could all be speculation.😎

This post was modified 3 months ago by K P in Spain

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Time to set off.  I will take an end-of-season punt by following OFB's lead - 3-0 (but could easily be 3-1).  Here we go...

ReplyQuote

Team news in, one change, Law McCabe starts. No sign of Coburn or Fry. 😎

This post was modified 3 months ago by K P in Spain

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5
Share: