Discussion Forum

BORO v Watford

BORO v Watford

132 Posts
18 Users
695 Likes
Pedro de Espana

@selwynoz    Yes, that is a lot of coverage. I would also say that attendances will be effected because I believe this additional coverage is added into the SKY football subscription for free.

I do not know how much SKY sport football subscriptions cost, but it may well be cheaper than a half season ticket, although I did not see how the 24 match coverage was split between home and away games.

The other downside could be for ex-pats and the EFL club annual subscriptions, the likes Werder purchases. I assume these may disappear.

This to me is SKY, getting a bigger stranglehold on the streaming services. It may also enable them to curtail the illegal streams that are available and cost them money.

ReplyQuote

@Selwynoz & @Pedro My take on all this is that the 24 games will be split between home and away.  

The new proposal is effectively doing away with the Sky red button facility.  

If a match was available under the red button then it was still available for the clubs to stream under iFollow or a club’s individual streaming service so overseas supporters should not be affected.  

If, however, it operates on the basis that if it is on Sky or sold to International markets then it is not available for the clubs to stream then this would significantly impact overseas supporters; I can’t believe that this is what is planned but only time will tell.

I am fortunate in that I have a Sky sports subscription so appear to have all bases covered.🤞

I think it will however impact match attendances figures for those clubs who are not challenging at the top; it is difficult to work out precisely the cost of Sky sports as they tend to offer it as part of varying bundles but the cheapest around is about £37 per month. 😎

ReplyQuote

@k-p-in-spain The cheapest Sky package is Sky Signature, mine costs £32.50 per month, for me to add Sky Sports is an extra £20 per month giving a total of £52.50 per month. A person cannot get Sky Sports without having Sky Signature 😱.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@exmil And these streaming companies want to talk prices per a month but never annual prices! So you are palying £ 630 in a year. I suppose you cannot refuse to pay during off season, do you?

How much you need to pay for BBC annually? 

I hope we still can see roughly as many matches abroad next season as we did this season. Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote

@exmil. I had difficulty in working out the cost out as I have a full Sky package which is now an extortionate £110pm, but living in Spain I have limited legal ways of watching what we like.

It appears you may be able to acquire Sky Sports, solely, as a new customer with Now TV for about £26pm but I have not explored all the T&Cs.

Whilst no one likes to pay the prices the media companies are now charging, it is unfortunately the cost some of us have to bear if we want to follow our beloved Boro. 😎

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @jarkko

How much you need to pay for BBC annually?

Jarkko, any household in the UK which watches or records television transmissions at the same time as they are being broadcast is required by law to hold a television licence. That applies regardless of transmission method, including terrestrial, satellite & cable, & to BBC iPlayer internet streaming.

The TV licence is the means by which revenue is raised to finance the running of the BBC, which has been responsible for collecting & enforcing payment of households' licence fees since 1991.  The fee curently stands at £169.50 per annum for a colour licence &, believe it not, £57 for a black & white licence.  The licence is also required to receive ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 & all the other free-to-air digital channels as well as satellite & cable programmes, even though they derive their income from advertising & other commercial activities.

The revenue collected does not go direct to the BBC, but into a special government fund & is subsequenty passed on to the BBC by the Department for Culture, Media & Sport. The money is also used to finance programming for S4C (Channel4's Welsh language service) & the BBC World Service.

ReplyQuote

Apparently Alex Mowatt is out of contract in June.  Could he fill a midfield spot now that recruiting O’Brien has been discounted? 😎

ReplyQuote

@k-p-in-spain Didn’t Carrick already discount him once 🤔.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote

Looks like the 3 up are the 3 down from the Premiership.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote

@exmil. Not sure if he discounted him.

It appears that when he went back to West Brom after his loan spell with us and Carlos Coberan having arrived as manager, Mowatt was back in favour and played 43 games for them last season. 😎

Liked by exmil
ReplyQuote

@k-p-in-spain Micheal Carrick had Mowatt from end of October 22 until 31 May 23, Boro didn’t follow up to sign him permanently, whether that was because Carrick didn’t see him fitting into his system or the finances but it is worth noting that Corberan has had Mowatt from October 23 until May24 (same period) yet is releasing him on a free, make of that what you will 🤔.

Come on BORO.

Liked by K P in Spain and jarkko
ReplyQuote

@exmil.  Not sure of the up to date position on his contract but this February article suggests that the club may offer him another contract but it may not be resolved/made public until Albion know their play off fate:

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2024/02/29/west-brom-shilen-patel-must-hand-alex-mowatt-new-contract-after-takeover-at-the-hawthorns/
😎

This post was modified 1 week ago by K P in Spain

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: