Boro Transfers In a...

Boro Transfers In and Out For Season 23/24

909 Posts
25 Users
3811 Likes
13.3 K Views
Topic starter  

@gt 

Souness and Craig Johnson to Liverpool oh and Hodgy !

OFB

Liked by 5 people: Clive Hurren, Malcolm, jarkko, gt and K P in Spain

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Just checking in as the blog is very quiet !

Is it because of the 🌞?

OFB

Liked by K P in Spain and Malcolm
ReplyQuote

Posted by: @original-fat-bob

Is it because of the 🌞?

OFB

[/quote    definitely Bob. Tanning up here in Skelton before hols lol

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

Posted by: @original-fat-bob

Is it because of the 🌞?

OFB

We’re just back from a few days at our Static. 
https://c13mpr.com/2023/06/01/return-croft-castle/

Liked by 4 people: K P in Spain, jarkko, Malcolm and Original Fat Bob

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

@original-fat-bob 

although I can see all the positives I want to get this past season finished so that I can forget about the playoffs and really start to look forward.

The transfer window opening should bring some good news and then we’ve got the women’s World Cup down here in Oz and the start of the new season.

utb

ReplyQuote

All quiet on the Boro front. Going to be a bit of wait before any news appears. Any one fancy a game of Scrabble. 😆 

ReplyQuote
jarkko

With the summer transfer window opening on Wednesday June 14, I do not see much happening at Boro before that. And even the first week after that is usually very quiet.

Our last game was on the 17th May, so I won't expect Michael Carrick to be back before the window opens. And we do not get much news from Rockcliffe Park before he would be back in the office, I guess.

BTW, the transfer window will close in England at 11pm on Friday September 1. So we will see most of the loan players in towards the end of August anyway. I think this makes our life as a club more difficult the more we rely on loan transfers.

So quiet for the time being. Let’s enjoy the summer now. Up the Boro! 

ReplyQuote
jarkko

When will the players report back for the pre-season training? UBT! 

This post was modified 11 months ago by jarkko

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@jarkko 

The exact date that Boro players have been told to report back to Rockliffe is not yet known, but I understand that it is sometime towards the end of June. Standard procedure would likely see the date being in the week commencing June 19, which would give them around six weeks to prepare for the new season.

OFB

Liked by jarkko and Malcolm
ReplyQuote

There's an interview with Chuba Akpom by the excellent Boro Breakdown podcast on youtube 

https://youtu.be/7qN1eHQZljE

There's clearly a don't ask, don't tell policy about whether he's staying but I reckon, after watching it, that it's a distinct possibility unless he gets an offer he can't refuse.

Well worth a watch.

ReplyQuote

@original-fat-bob - Quiet?  I am having a gentle heart massage after the stress yesterday of listening to Ross County coming back from 3-0 down on aggregate with only 20 minutes to play in the Scottish Premiership Play-Off against Partick Thistle.  They equalised the aggregate score at 3-3 in injury time (90+1 minute), played through extra  time and then won the penalty shoot-out.  I am now glad that Boro did NOT get through to the Play-Off Final.  Automatic promotion please, next season, for the sake of my nerves.

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@forever-dormo A very exciting match on TV.  Really enjoyed it. Last game before start of next season. Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote

Not related to Boro. 

The Celtic manager on the verge  to become the boss of Tottenham Hotspur. Spurs fans not happy. In my opinion as a follower of Scottish football I think they are right.

ReplyQuote
jarkko

Have we had a single rumour about an incoming transfer yet?

I know it is just gossip at this time of the year, but it is really quiet now. It is sunny outdoors but I still look in here every day for any rumour.

I think Kieran Scott keeps it quiet with his work. We do not get gossip via Evening Gazette like we used to. Previously they could talk to Steve Gibson directly, but I think he is not that involved anymore in details.

Boring summer Boro wise. I hope it will pick up in two weeks' time. Up the Boro! 

ReplyQuote

Boro announce their first signing:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/06/Boro-Agree-Deal-To-Sign-Departing-Man-City-Youngster/

😎

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @k-p-in-spain

Boro announce their first signing:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/06/Boro-Agree-Deal-To-Sign-Departing-Man-City-Youngster/

😎

Could be good competition for Jones, might make him buck his ideas up or we might have an offer for Jones 🤔

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote

@exmil - I don't subscribe to the view that "because he's been at a Big Club" he must be good, and I am hoping Boro doesn't either.  In which case I am assuming some people at the club will have watched his U21 exploits at Man City and will have come to the conclusion that he is a decent player, he will still be improving as a player at his age and that Boro will be improved by adding him to the squad. If I am correct about these things, I am pleased to hear the news.

But, to be honest, I've never heard of him before.  Cracking hair style though....!

ReplyQuote

@forever-dormo I also don’t subscribe to the “big club” theory either but as a free transfer, it’s worth the investment, he has been signed on a two year deal, with Boro having the option of another year and I believe he will start in the under 23’s unless he really impresses in the pre season. He can play at right back or right wing which is an area we need to find talent for, only time will tell if he is “a hidden gem” or a “damp squid”.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote

Boro’s third friendly of pre season has been announced away at Rotherham on Wednesday 19 July at 7pm.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote

Liked by K P in Spain
ReplyQuote

Neil Warnock as I  look for scraps to feed the blog 🤣 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-middlesbrough-manager-neil-warnock-27071886

ReplyQuote
jarkko

Expert insight suggests Sol Brynn's Swindon Town loan may have been perfect for Middlesbrough.

So please read here more: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sol-brynn-swindon-loan-middlesbrough-27065473

Up the Boro! 

ReplyQuote

@jarkko - Thanks for the link to that Sol Brynn story.

Liked by jarkko and Malcolm
ReplyQuote

@jarkko That is a promising piece. It would be great if Brynn could make the step up but it would a bit of a gamble. We had several seasons in a row where lack of confidence in our keeper definitely cost us points. Steffen was a bit of luxury model but keeper is the one position where you don't gamble unless you absolutely have to.

If he gets off to a shaky start, fans will get on his back and our defence, which lets face it, has been wobbly under Carrick will wobble even more.

I've seen rumours that we're interested in Karl Darlow. My heart says, give Brynn a go but my head says that if you can get Darlow for 2-3 years then that'll be a safe option.

Liked by 5 people: Clive Hurren, jarkko, Selwynoz, Malcolm and K P in Spain

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@deleriad 

I like Darlow as a keeper!

OFB

Liked by 4 people: Malcolm, deleriad, jarkko and K P in Spain

ReplyQuote

I have copied the attached article as a matter of interest and to provide some context when we talk about “big clubs” in EFL terms.  

Coventry have clearly done well on their season ticket sales but I believe we have already sold more than twice their number.  

Not bad for a small town in Europe and very good as against a City in the Midlands.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-season-ticket-sales-27076020

😎

ReplyQuote

@k-p-in-spain 

Apparently Norwich have sold out of season tickets and they only have hospitality season tickets available. So that is about 24000 tickets. Suprising as they only won 8 home games last season, but they are the only major team in a large county with over 40 miles to the nearest team.

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

Posted by: @jarkko

Expert insight suggests Sol Brynn's Swindon Town loan may have been perfect for Middlesbrough.

So please read here more: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sol-brynn-swindon-loan-middlesbrough-27065473

Up the Boro! 

Let’s hope that he works out. That would be save us a lot of money and be a big boost for the Academy

utb

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@selwynoz At least we have two decent option at the club already in Liam Roberts and Sol Brynn. So we need to bring in only one goalkeeper, me thinks.

I agree that we might need a 1st choice keeper short term. But at least we have cover now and we do not know much about Liam Roberts yet.

Liam will be 29 in November and joined Boro on 1st of July 2022. He had joined Northampton Town in the summer of 2021, earning the Cobbler’s Player of the Year award in his debut season as well as being named in the PFA League Two Team of the Year.

Up the Boro 

This post was modified 11 months ago by jarkko

ReplyQuote
jarkko

A Boro fan's view - now sitting at the dugout in York City - on Carrick, Woodgate, Coburn & Boro hopes:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/23574350.middlesbrough-tony-mcmahon-carrick-woodgate-coburn-boro-hopes/

Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 31
Share: