Discussion Forum

Boro 2021/2022 Tran...

Boro 2021/2022 Transfer Targets & Rumours

288 Posts
23 Users
843 Likes
Topic starter  

@john-richardson

Why don’t we try and get one of our former captains who was a leader and could join our coaching staff and knows the set up ?

No not Southgate why not talk to Grant Leadbitter ?

OFB

ReplyQuote

OFB, There is no reason why not. Mr Warnock has his plans and Boro should have them too. I'm sure there are quite a few we, Boro, could talk to over the coming months. forward planning although the focus must change as the season progresses.

UTB,

John

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

@original-fat-bob

I suggested this a while back but nobody picked up on the idea. He strikes me as potentially a great motivational coach for the Academy and U-23 sides as he passes his badges and learns from the senior team at Boro. My only question is whether he can grow into the broader role of being a manager rather than just being a leader. I suppose time will tell.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

QPR are in the hunt for another goalkeeper with Liam Kelly poised to move back up to Scotland.

Archer, who is 28-years-old, is available on a free transfer having left fellow Championship side Middlesbrough at the end of last season.

The Scotland international was released by Millwall in 2019 and has since had spells at Oxford United, Fulham and Motherwell.

Liked by jarkko
ReplyQuote

I see that the media are still touting a possible 'concrete bid' from Burnley for Dael Fry.

Looking at it objectively why would he or any other Boro player want to go there? They seem to temporarily screw-up the careers of Boro players who do move there, witness Bamford and Gibson, I do wonder if it is still baggage carried by the manager from the Boro v Chesterfield semi-final. Didn't Mr Dyke play for Chesterfield? Anyway just my opinion but going to Burnley for Boro players seems to be like finding the Black Spot painted on your front door.

Maybe I'm just into conspiracy theories and it's just the media furiously stirring the no news pudding. No, that would never happen.

UTB,

John

ReplyQuote

@ken

I might (just) remember one of them matches, my girlfriend wanted to go (to see the floodlights), the opposition were Newcastle, who were leading 3-0 at the interval, then Mr. Clough got busy and it ended 3-3 and it was quite misty by the end.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Ipwwich Town are keen to sign versatile Middlesbrough player Hayden Coulson on a season-long loan, we understand. 

ReplyQuote
Ken Smith
Mr

I’m pleased that Boris Johnson is set to ease restrictions on crowds in the EFL next season, especially for the Boro fans although it obviously won’t affect me personally. It should affect Boro’s home performances though, but I do hope that Boris has got it right, because Rugby Super League is still finding life difficult with 10 matches postponed to date due to Covid including 2 cancellations with points awarded to opponents of those affected. With the Wimbledon Tennis Championship already allowing about 70% capacity and the EUFA Cup Semifinals and Final allow up to 60,000 fans, I wonder why only 45,000 fans will be allowed at Wembley for the Rugby League Cup Final and the 1895 Final (a celebratory competition for non-Super League clubs, 1895 being the birth of Rugby League) unless it’s to do with 4 clubs participating in two different competitions and the subsequent crowd control as Featherstone Rovers will play York City Knights in one final, and St Helens will play Castleford Tigers in the major final on the 17th of this month and only four days before all crowd restrictions hopefully will be removed altogether.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Ken Smith

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Wikipedia has updated this profile 

Martín Ismael Payero (born 11 September 1998) is an Argentine professional footballerwho plays as a midfielder for Championshipclub Middlesbrough.[1]

unquote

also it has been reported in Twitter that he has started following Middlesbrough Football Club on Twitter ….

The rumours are getting stronger 

OFB

Liked by Redcar Red
ReplyQuote
Ken Smith
Mr

Just to cheer Boro fans up with a bit of nostalgia, the 2003/4 match highlights of Manchester Utd v Boro are available on YouTube at the moment. It finished with Boro winning 3-2 and of course with Bernie Slaven bearing part of his posterior in Binns shop window. The highlights last for 24 minutes, but be quick as some YouTube recordings only last for one day.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Martin Parero also following the Boro on Instagram

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Bolassie has tweeted a picture of him training in Turkey 

looks like we will be signing Turkeys for next season 

OFB

ReplyQuote

@original-fat-bob

Let's hope he doesn't get hi-jacked by Newcastle or some such club before he signs, then when he signs he flies into Teesside Airport and disembarks in a quiet corner of the airfield...

UTB,

John

ReplyQuote
Philip of Huddersfield

Can’t say I’m sorry that Braithwaite lost tonight against England - you know what I mean ‘Arry !!
England’s game tonight reminded me of Boro’s famous European night with Maccoroni. Very exciting.

Philip of Huddersfield 

ReplyQuote

@original-fat-bob Carlos de Pena anyone!

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @philip-of-huddersfield

Can’t say I’m sorry that Braithwaite lost tonight against England - you know what I mean ‘Arry !!
England’s game tonight reminded me of Boro’s famous European night with Maccoroni. Very exciting.

Philip of Huddersfield 

I think when it comes down to Pulis' opinion on Braithwaite as a footballer and Braithwaite's opinion on Pulis as a Manager I know which one I'm more inclined to believe (and it's not the one with the Cap).

Based upon what I saw of Braithwaite at the euros he was too good for us and certainly too good to be at a club playing pulisball.   Yet another one in a long line of players who we failed to get the best out of. 😎

Posted by: @original-fat-bob

Wikipedia has updated this profile 

Martín Ismael Payero (born 11 September 1998) is an Argentine professional footballerwho plays as a midfielder for Championshipclub Middlesbrough.[1]

unquote

also it has been reported in Twitter that he has started following Middlesbrough Football Club on Twitter ….

The rumours are getting stronger 

OFB

It's not difficult for a member of the general public to update a Wiki page unfortunately so whilst the information on Wiki is generally very helpful and up to date by the same very nature of how it is populated it can also be easily manipulated by a mischievous individual so I wouldn't count our chickens just. Plus we have previous examples from South America like de Pena and Marinelli etc. that didn't quite pan out as hoped for. Personally I am a little suspect as to how he hasn't been picked up already at his age.

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @redcarred

I think when it comes down to Pulis' opinion on Braithwaite as a footballer and Braithwaite's opinion on Pulis as a Manager I know which one I'm more inclined to believe (and it's not the one with the Cap).

RR  Not necessarily an either/or choice.  I think each was right about the other. I'm afraid I had no time for either of them.

Braithwaite was a decent enough player who couldn't be bothered to put in the effort.  What finished me with him was a game at Leeds when the team were fighting to get back on level terms in the second half and he bottled a 50/50 headed challenge to avoid the possibility of a knock. I'd be very surprised if that didn't finish him with his team-mates who were slogging out their guts to get a point, as well as the manager, who wasn't Pulis at the time but Gary Monk. In the Championship ducking challenges is inexcusable in a way that it may not be at a higher level, though I have to say that for all of his occasional nice touches I continue to be sceptical about his overall commitment to any other cause than his own.

ReplyQuote

Personally I am a little suspect as to how he hasn't been picked up already at his age.

Yes I had the same thought, though it's possible he's a late developer.

The internet is no place to judge a player but he does look a strong lad; a powerful runner who likes to go past opponents. Certainly an interesting one.

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @lenmasterman

RR  Not necessarily an either/or choice.  I think each was right about the other. I'm afraid I had no time for either of them.

Braithwaite was a decent enough player who couldn't be bothered to put in the effort.  What finished me with him was a game at Leeds when the team were fighting to get back on level terms in the second half and he bottled a 50/50 headed challenge to avoid the possibility of a knock. I'd be very surprised if that didn't finish him with his team-mates who were slogging out their guts to get a point, as well as the manager, who wasn't Pulis at the time but Gary Monk. In the Championship ducking challenges is inexcusable in a way that it may not be at a higher level, though I have to say that for all of his occasional nice touches I continue to be sceptical about his overall commitment to any other cause than his own.

Downing seemed to make a career out of bottling 50/50 challenges along with a long list of others who have worn the shirt down the years so I wouldn't particularly hold that against him as frustrating as it was at the time. The effort he has put in for Denmark during these Euros, chasing and scrapping for the ball and setting up his colleagues with nicely weighted passes is of greater significance as to his ability especially considering the calibre of opposition.

I did hear from a reliable (in my eyes anyway) source that Braithwaite couldn't stick the tactics that Pulis was introducing and wanted to be away rather than play hoof ball. That said he was also signed on generous terms and that both Pulis and the Club wanted him gone to ease the pressure on the wage bill.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Middlesbrough are said to have made a loan offer for Flamengo striker Rodrigo Muniz, according to the latest reports coming out of South America.

Fresh from news breaking last week that Borowere working on a deal to sign Argentinian midfielder Martin Payero - since confirmed by Teesside Live - now reports in Brazil have linked yet another South American starlet.

This one, it has to be said though, would appear a little more complicated.

OFB

Liked by K P in Spain
ReplyQuote
Philip of Huddersfield

The thing which annoyed me with Braithwaite was that he was a talented player who decided, despite being the Club’s highest earner(?), that he didn’t want to play for the Boro.

I can live  with that but I expect a player, and indeed anyone in any job, to have a professional attitude and to do his best. Braithwaite wasn’t professional and certainly didn’t do his best .

I see Boro  are after 2 young South American’s who must me a gamble coming here - may not be able to speak the language, winter weather could be a problem, thousands of miles from home etc plus no experience of English football. I’d much prefer taking a punt on a young British player who will settle in much easier and if things don’t work out then the Club are likely to sell the player for the low fee paid.

Philip of Huddersfield 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@philip-of-huddersfield

I met Martin quite a few times and used to speak with him when he took his son to football on a Sunday Morning to Yarm where my youngest grandson was also playing.

He was a nice guy and loved the area and the fans but hated Pulis. It apparently got to the stage that his disagreement with Pulis and the way that he was being used in the team changed his outlook to the stage that he did everything he could to leave. A great shame as I think our current manager would have put an arm around him and developed him into a hell of a player for us.

Leo and his contacts are responsible for scouting and identifying the latest targets from South America which are attracting so much interest in the media. The language problem would of course me eased by having Leo on the coaching staff to integrate into the team play. 
Boro have had great success with South American players apart from TLF and it is a great untapped market at present with very skilful players who would cost relatively little in today’s market place.

The main problem I would see is one of obtaining satisfactory work permits but I suppos in these days of Brexit there may be ways a round that. Perhaps the Boro might just dump him into a canoe and let him paddle into Seaton Carew and claim asylum as a political refugee!

OFB

ReplyQuote

Speaking of Martin Braithwaite, apparently he’s worth €250m thanks to successful business ventures in clothing, housing and land.

I guess that puts him in a position where he can be fairly picky when it comes to his football.

ReplyQuote
Ken Smith
Mr

@lenmasterman 

Copying the same route as Mido and Yakubu when wanting a transfer. Same as Mannion also in the past who went on strike for a few months but in those days the club had more power.

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

@ken There are echoes of this in George Williams move to Warrington Wolves. Wigan had a clause in his contract that gave them first refusal when he returned from Oz but he wanted a new club. There was no point having him on the books if he didn’t want to be there so allowed him to go via a release clause. 

ReplyQuote

Apparently we have Oldham midfielder Dylan Bahamboula training with Boro this week. Not a youngster but recommended to NW by Keith Curle the Oldham Manager who knows Warnock well. At a reported £150K it's low risk so worth a gamble I suppose unless of course you are poor Neil Maddison who is probably quaking in his boots as to how to get his tongue around "Bahamboula"!

ReplyQuote

Apparently we have Oldham midfielder Dylan Bahamboula training with Boro this week. Not a youngster but recommended to NW by Keith Curle the Oldham Manager who knows Warnock well. At a reported £150K it's low risk so worth a gamble I suppose unless of course you are poor Neil Maddison who is probably quaking in his boots as to how to get his tongue around "Bahamboula"!

I expect Maddo would be Bahamboozled.

ReplyQuote

Some more information on Payero from Wyscout here:

https://blog.wyscout.com/galoppo-payero-banfield-wyscout/

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 10
Share: