Discussion Forum

Sheff Wed v Boro

Sheff Wed v Boro

117 Posts
23 Users
708 Likes
Pedro de Espana

Oh no. Fletcher leading the line for Wednesday. Not scored. You know what that means.

ReplyQuote

@jarkko 

that was a nice touch from Radio Tees - maybe one of contributors has a contact there? Although I would imagine Ken had a lot of friends 

ReplyQuote

New balls please!

ReplyQuote

Sky just said a lack of quality in possession from Middlesbrough - something I concur with - looks all too familiar so far 

ReplyQuote

Well I guess that was typical - just after Sky had said we had 70% of possession in the previous 10 minutes 

ReplyQuote

Just as I was beginning to think they were going to keep the Wendies out for an entire half, Musaba puts the latter ahead in the 38th minute.  🙁

ReplyQuote

So pedestrian so far.

McGree is not living up to expectations.  Picking the wrong option almost every time

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

It’s not pretty is it? Too many misplaced passes and no quality. Fry looks terrified every time he has the ball and Engel is being outpaced on the left. I’d bring Jones on I think. 

ReplyQuote

Dear o dear o dear!  Two poor teams fully justifying their league positions.  

Total lack of quality in the final third with the likes of Silvera and Coburn providing little in the way of a positive contribution.

Engel has been badly exposed by the Wednesday wing back, not helped by the fact that he has not had any support from his team mates.

If MC is still of the opinion that there is not a crisis then he is deluded and also appears tactically naive. 😎

Powmill-Naemore
Topic starter  

Well. We look like a bottom of the table side.

Engel is giving nothing defensively nor offensively. Hackney is off the boil. Coburn getting no service. There is no movement off the ball.Silvera is lightweight. Everyone taking far too long to pass the ball.

Wednesday could and should be at least two goals to the good. We are lucky still to be in it.

Tell me somebody, please, we will be better in the second half won't we? If we don't turn this around then the coach needs to take a long hard look at what he is trying to achieve.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Powmill-Naemore

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @stircrazy

Just as I was beginning to think they were going to keep the Wendies out for an entire half, Musaba puts the latter ahead in the 38th minute.  🙁

Just noticed that Musaba was sent on in place of an injured Josh Windass in the 34th minute...

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

Oh dear - well I've had a very hectic day and rushed back home to catch the game only 5 minutes in and instead I should have strolled home and taken it easy like the Boro players are.

Boro may be bottom of the Championship but that first half performance wasn't even worthy of that - is this what we get for a vital six-pointer? Hard to imagine how Steve Gibson can let this drift continue for much longer.

Carrick has made some changes but once again he's continued with players that just aren't performing in the roles they've been given. How Silvera gets the nod ahead of Jones is a mystery as is van den Berg at right-back. Coburn has been given a start but what chance has he got with the poor passing behind him.

Unless the second half is a big improvement then surely something has to be done as can't see where the next three points is coming from at the moment!

Meanwhile, the Tractor Boys are a goal up at Southampton & flying at the top of the table...

ReplyQuote
Clive Hurren

We can’t pass the ball to a teammate, we can’t defend, we can’t create chances. We have continually given the ball away. There’s a real lack of quality. 

There are some really nice places to go in League 1 - Lincoln, Oxford, Portsmouth, Exeter, and many others. 

ReplyQuote

@martin-bellamy

you have your wish 

ReplyQuote

Jones on in place of Engel...

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

So Carrick has finally realised van den Berg is not a right-back - he's decided he's a left-back instead 🤣 

Pedro de Espana

@powmillnaemore   Well summed up by yourself and Werder.

Engel getting roasted but no help from either O’Brien or McGree. 
Again all Engel and van denBerg do is pass the ball backwards when get it. 

Passing is atrocious , movement off the ball abysmal. And O’Brien, where was he for the goal. Ten yards behind Musaba.

And I cannot believe Silvera is still on the pitch. 

Get in and from a corner too

ReplyQuote

Lenihan equalises in the 53rd minute.  *prays*

ReplyQuote
Powmill-Naemore
Topic starter  

Posted by: @werdermouth

So Carrick has finally realised van den Berg is not a right-back - he's decided he's a left-back instead 🤣 

well he is number 3 after all...

ReplyQuote

We are looking like a different team now - wonder what was said.

Greenwood replaces McGree 

ReplyQuote

McGree off but Sivera still on! Shakes head in disbelief. 😎

Powmill-Naemore
Topic starter  

@k-p-in-spain I agree....

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

@k-p-in-spain   The number of times Silvera has pulled out of 60/40 balls, never mind 50/50, when in good positions and a one on one.

We are a man short.

ReplyQuote

Greenwood replaces McGree in the 68th minute.

ReplyQuote
Powmill-Naemore
Topic starter  

Posted by: @stircrazy

Greenwood replaces McGree in the 68th minute.

Nearly 20 minutes later and has Greenwood touched the ball yet...

ReplyQuote

Maybe it's better if Greenwood doesn't touch the ball

ReplyQuote

Engel is not a first team player

OFB

ReplyQuote

Well a better 2nd half and we should have won. Didn’t perform in the final third and wasted chances again.

The draw hides the reality that things still are not right although MC survives another day 

Page 3 / 4
Share: