Discussion Forum

Huddersfield v BORO

Huddersfield v BORO

75 Posts
22 Users
421 Likes

From CJ

Detailed Boro team news

One change as Van den Berg comes in for Clarke. Crooks is not in the squad so Coulson is back on the bench.

Expected change at the back, with Carrick not wanting to overload Clarke on his comeback from injury. I picked Crooks to start this one in my predicted team after the struggles up top at Rotherham. No word yet why, but he doesn't even make the bench.

It means it's the same forward four as at Rotherham, looking to retribute for their inability to put the ball in the back of the net on that occasion. For Silvera, it will be his final game before going off to link up with Australia for the Asian Cup. Riley McGree in the same boat too, with the forward once again on the bench.

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

@malcolm 

I missed the Rotherham game and hadn't noticed RvdB had been dropped for that game - hopefully Crooks hasn't joined the injured list or is there a 5-yellow cut-off coming up?

Liked by Selwynoz and Malcolm
ReplyQuote

Posted by: @werdermouth

Team News...

Looks like an unchanged team with Bangura retaining the left-back spot and McGree's last game before his international break on the bench.

RvdB has replaced Clarke.  Also no Crooks on the bench - replaced by Coulson.

Liked by Malcolm
ReplyQuote

@forever-dormo 

Great post and yes players and referees are only human but BUT BUT !

In all my years of refereeing I would never have missed a blatant penalty like the one that was not given the other evening and I’ll bet the referee has received a censure and demotion for his next game.

OFB

Liked by Selwynoz and Malcolm
ReplyQuote

Here we go again - from CJ in the 18th minute:

Jones misses a sitter

Everyone, including Jones is in disbelief.

Howson with a brilliant drive. His through-ball is helped on by Silvera and Jones runs onto it, chips the keeper and from inside the six-yard box just has to fire it home on the half volley. Boro fans behind that goal are already celebrating, but he can't judge the spin, doesn't get the connection on the ball, allowing Nakayama to come in and clear. Astonishing.

Rogers booked in the 32nd minute.

ReplyQuote

One Word....DIRE

ReplyQuote

A nothing game so far.

Surely the miss of the season earlier in the half as Jones failed to convert an open goal from less than two yards but, that aside, Boro have been too cautious and too gun shy against the Terriers packed defence.

Crooks is a miss as a player who can find a deft touch in a tight central area to unlock a defence but Boro have looked short of a no. 10 AND a no. 9 in the first half.

Oh for Akpom and Archer.

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

Posted by: @malcolm

One Word....DIRE

Really? I’m sure I’ve seen many worse games. The conditions aren’t helping and if Jones had just got a touch I reckon we’d have controlled the game from there. Surely there’ll be goals in the second half. 

ReplyQuote

CJ

First half verdict

Flat from Boro. Front four really struggling and the MF and DF look frustrated with the lack of options ahead of them. Just no outlet for them. Boro should have been ahead with Jones' sitter, but then Huddersfield will feel Koroma should have scored when he rounded Glover.

ReplyQuote

How did jones miss that ???,,

OFB

Liked by jarkko and Selwynoz
ReplyQuote

No changes of personnel at the start of the second half. 

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @stircrazy

No changes of personnel at the start of the second half. 

Coburn on for Dijksteel in the 49th minute.

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by Stircrazy

ReplyQuote

Get in 0-1 Josh Coburn. CoB 😎

Liked by Selwynoz and Forever Dormo
ReplyQuote

Posted by: @andy-r

A nothing game so far.

Surely the miss of the season earlier in the half as Jones failed to convert an open goal from less than two yards but, that aside, Boro have been too cautious and too gun shy against the Terriers packed defence.

Crooks is a miss as a player who can find a deft touch in a tight central area to unlock a defence but Boro have looked short of a no. 10 AND a no. 9 in the first half.

Oh for Akpom and Archer.

Proper no.9 on the field. 1-0!

ReplyQuote

So when we have a striker he scores !

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @k-p-in-spain

Assisted by Rogers, in the 54th minute, then the Terriers equalise in the 60th!  😣 

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @k-p-in-spain

Assisted by Rogers, in the 54th minute, then the Terriers equalise in the 60th!  😣 

CJ:

Huddersfield level. Too easy. Huddersfield responded really well to falling behind somewhat against the run of play. Thomas drives at Boro. Fry blocks his path, but it falls kindly to Helik inside the D, who fires low into the corner and in off the post. No chance for Glover.

Liked by Selwynoz
ReplyQuote

A sloppy goal to concede. Boro lazily giving the ball away in their own half. Good strike from the centre half but the ball should have been up the other end.

ReplyQuote

Clarke on for Greenwood in the 65th minute.

ReplyQuote

Bangura booked for diving in the 69th minute - CJ:

Just seen a replay and it's poor from the Boro man.

ReplyQuote

It is very generous of Boro to gently get McGree match fit in time for Australia to use him. He has come on as Sub in recent games. He has been named on the Bench for this match, so presumably he IS considered fit (otherwise why is he on the Bench?).

Frankly if Boro needs some skill and invention on the field and McGree is available, he should surely be on the pitch by now. I'm not bothered about Australia. If he has a tweak when playing as a sub for Boro then that is not our problem. Who pays his wages...?

ReplyQuote

Clarke on for Greenwood in the 65th minute.

Engel & McGree on for Bangura & Silvera in the 78th minute.

Liked by Selwynoz
ReplyQuote

• BORO PENALTY...!

ReplyQuote

Keeper saves from Jonny Howson!

ReplyQuote

But BORO scores through Howson after the corner immediately after the penalty miss/save!!!  2-1 to our heroes!!!!

This post was modified 4 months ago by Forever Dormo

Liked by Clive Hurren and Selwynoz
ReplyQuote

Penalty, taken by Howson in the 83rd minute:  1-2...  Can they hang on?

ReplyQuote

I seem to have missed the fact that the penalty was missed/saved before Howson actually scored, with a little help from Matt Clarke!

This post was modified 4 months ago by Stircrazy

ReplyQuote

McGree came on very late with 12 minutes left.  We'd hate him to be too tired for his 'plane flight home! He should be fresh for Oz but will maybe have blown a few cobwebs out ...

ReplyQuote

I seem to have missed the fact that the penalty was missed/saved before Howson actually scored a minute later, with a little help from Matt Clarke!

CJ:

Boro lead. Would you believe it, Howson scores! Football man. Just seconds after missing a penalty, he's taunting the home fans who ironically cheered his miss. From the resulting corner, Clarke heads back into the middle from beyond the back post and Howson runs onto it, volleys it into the ground, bouncing it up into the roof of the net.

ReplyQuote

Pouring down with rain and very little quality from either side all night. Proper Championship football!

Thank goodness we ground it out and won. Now forget it and move on.

Page 2 / 3
Share: