Bradford v Boro (EFL Cup)

81 Posts
19 Users
374 Likes
Martin Bellamy

Posted by: @selwynoz

@forever-dormo

What rugby?

Everyone is talking about the rugby league and Australian rules grand finals this coming weekend and rugby is conveniently overlooked. 

Ah, Rugby League - the game with the tries and entertainment. 😉

ReplyQuote

@clive-hurren 

Thanks Clive for your excellent first-hand report.

I'm pleased that Barlaser had such a good game. I thought he was unlucky to be subbed at Coventry. He was as poor as everyone else in the first half, but for 15 minutes or so after half-time Boro looked like a different side with everything going through him so it was disappointing to see him brought off.

Much the same could be said of Rogers against Huddersfield. After an anonymous first-half he really sparked to life after the break but was replaced just as he began to control the game.

Of course it may well have been that Carrick had indicated to both players that he would give them another 15 minutes after the interval, so that they could give all they had during that time.

But it seemed a pity at the time

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

I believe that the games, draw for the last sixteen at 10.00pm, will be streamed live when they take place. 

ReplyQuote

Please God not Blackburn, the Tractor Boys or the Skunks....

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@stircrazy I would love to see Newcastle beaten at the Riverside ... UTB!

ReplyQuote

Exeter v Boro next round 

Liked by K P in Spain and jarkko
ReplyQuote

Away (again!) to Exeter City...

ReplyQuote
Philip of Huddersfield

Exeter away - winnable. But long journey for the team and fans.

Philip of Huddersfield 

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

Boro away once more to Exeter

Liked by K P in Spain
ReplyQuote
jarkko

NOT a bad draw. Definately a chance to go through but not easy. A chance. Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote

So a trip to St James’ Park only 334 miles away to play a team,I believe, we’ve never played a competitive match against. I wonder how many fans will make the trek in midweek.

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @philip-of-huddersfield

Exeter away - winnable. But long journey for the team and fans.

Philip of Huddersfield 

the wrong St James Park as per your other post

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @mw-in-darwin

So a trip to St James’ Park only 334 miles away to play a team,I believe, we’ve never played a competitive match against. I wonder how many fans will make the trek in midweek.

a mere 5 hour 45minute trip by car - and that’s on a good day. To get there for an evening kick off, I would say leave Middlesbrough at mid day and not get home til 5 in the morning 

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

Posted by: @boro-beckys-dad

a mere 5 hour 45minute trip by car - and that’s on a good day. To get there for an evening kick off, I would say leave Middlesbrough at mid day and not get home til 5 in the morning 

Not a great draw except that it gives us a reasonable chance of going through. Its hard to imagine many supporters will be able to make that trip. I  assume that the team will fly down.

UTB

ReplyQuote

@selwynoz 

We play at Plymouth on the following Saturday so I wonder if the team might stay down there. We also play away at Norwich the previous midweek so a lot of travelling for supporters. Just checked this will be the first ever meeting between the teams, not even a pre-season friendly.

ReplyQuote

For Jarkko

Exeter have two Finns in their squad. Keeper Vinisalo, on loan from Villa and Illmari Niskanen. Also Janice Wildshut has just signed for them 

ReplyQuote

Talking of how many Boro fans will make the journey, it will depend on the allocation Exeter will give us as their ground has a capacity of only 8,219.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

@exmil 

Good point.

ReplyQuote

@selwynoz 

We play at Plymouth on the following Saturday so I wonder if the team might stay down there. We also play away at Norwich the previous midweek so a lot of travelling for supporters. Just checked this will be the first ever meeting between the teams, not even a pre-season friendly.

that would make perfect sense both in terms of cost and time spent travelling.  

ReplyQuote

@jarkko 

I think our chances of beating the geordies would be slim, as much as it hurts to say this they have avgood team these days....

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @stircrazy

Away (again!) to Exeter City...

The match is to be played on Tuesday, 31st October, 19.45 kick-off.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/28/exeter-city-date-confirmed/

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: