Boro v Norwich City

94 Posts
20 Users
500 Likes

Norwich have lodge their appeal:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/cj7ve5n3gnlo 😎

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

@k-p-in-spain    That is a worry and issue for me also KP. 

As much as I like Carrick and would like him to stay and give it at least another season, I am concerned that he and his staff continue to make the same mistakes. 

Most of us on here have commented on MC's inflexible approach sometimes and last night showed once more with his initial choice of set up. It was obvious to those around me, that a flat back 5 would allow our midfield two to be overly exposed. And so it came to pass. As KP said, a more experience manager, may not have chosen that set up, or would have changed it very quickly when Norwich looked to overrun us.

However we got very lucky. You do not get that lucky very often.

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

A young gentleman and his eight year old daughter sit in front of me, in the NW Corner. 

He said his Season Tickets cost £510 for himself and £210 for his young daughter. Seven hundred and twenty pounds.

He called MFC ticket office and asked if he could relocate to the the East Stand Family area, NO all sold out. 

He could of course go on the waiting list for any seats that are not renewed, but would not get an early bird discount. Then if all the seats were renewed, the timescale for early renewal of his existing seats would be lost to him.

I find it incredible, that MFC would charge an eight year old £210 for her current seat. We have some of the highest ST's in the Championship and allegedly, we would be nowhere near the bottom of the EPL. Especially when the BBC keep telling us what a deprived area we live in.

ReplyQuote

I apologise for the delay after yesterday's match.  I am at a loss to explain the game against Norwich. There was a low crowd but the club will, anyway, count season-ticket holders (who, to be fair, have already paid for their tickets) as being present in the gound. On the way into the ground I heard (on BBC Tees) of supporters deciding they couldn't be bothered to go the match.  I guess some of those must be season ticket holders.  I must say that I attended out of duty and with a sense of foreboding.  Although I had, in a post before I set off for the game, predicted a 1-1 draw, a home defeat would not have surprised me. 

The atmosphere seemed odd and the game itself seemed to me almost as if it were an exhibtion game.  If BORO had lost, I am sure the atmosphere would have turned toxic. You would NOT have mistaken it for a 4th round FA Cup tie, or a game that had to be won to secure a place in the table that would allow promotion.

The first half hour was poor from Boro's point of view with Norwich scoring whilst their scorer was laying on the ground and despite the close attendance of 3 (or 4??) Boro defenders.  Nobody near me seemed surprised that Norwich had taken the lead and I am SURE that, but for the red card, Norwich would have at least doubled their lead before going on to win.  The whole game hinged on the card and clearly many think it should not have been a dismissal of the Norwich player, but at least BORO scored two goals in the last third of the 1st half and another in the 2nd half by which time the result was in the bag.

BORO needs to capitalise on the 3 points won.  Whether BORO will is another question.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Forever Dormo

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: