Discussion Forum

Boro Transfers In a...

Boro Transfers In and Out For Season 23/24

909 Posts
25 Users
3811 Likes
13.5 K Views
Philip of Huddersfield

Lath is definitely a gamble. He’s only 24 and been out on loan to something like 8 clubs and scored few goals except for his last loan club. None of the loan clubs decided to buy him and now his parent club don’t see a future for him with them and have decided to cash in on the back of scoring goals in Switzerland. A sensible move by them. So, he’s coming to a much tougher League and it will be a big test for him.

At a quoted £5m I just wonder if we couldn’t have got a more experienced player who’d sampled Championship football.

Fingers crossed Lath succeeds - whatever that means - say upwards of 10 goals? 👍👋

Philip of Huddersfield 

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

@philip-of-huddersfield 

His stats definitely don’t look very impressive - maybe he’ll prosper in a Carrick-ball system. Let’s hope so. 🤞🏻

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

@martin-bellamy  certainly, we way have been playing for awhile.  🤣

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

@deleriad   I have to admit that I do not know that much about him

However his last two seasons stats do not appear that good, with only 20 starts in 2022/2023. Injuries??

QPR took the option to extend his contract until 2024, so as not to lose him for free, with Rangers and Beale apparently interested.

Right footed, by likes to play on the left. Scores a few but not a striker. 
pluses.   dribbling, shooting.  weaknesses.  crosses, defending

I guess anyone buying him will get him for a couple of million or maybe less. However as deleriad said, we have a few wide players. I wonder if there has been some tentative interest shown in Jones?

I still think any spare money we have should be on a young championship RB, with pace and can defend.

ReplyQuote

I like Willock. Always looked a good technical attacking midfielder who can make things happen and score the odd goal. Very similar to Aaron Ramsey in my view - maybe a lower ceiling in terms of potential but more Championship experience and of course he will know Dieng well.

He wouldn’t solve the immediate problems we have in the squad but would be a good addition if the price is right.

Not sure what it would mean for McGree though, unless Carrick fancies the Aussie centrally or off the right.

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

For those with time on their hands, here is a link to all the Championship ins and outs to date.

Does not make a lot of sense to me as I do not know many of them.  🤣 🤣 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/completed-championship-transfer-middlesbrough-deals-27188484

ReplyQuote
 gt

I've only seen clips of this Latte , but to be honest he looks a little erratic,  and I hope he isn't the great redeemer  Scott is looking for, I have to believe there is something else going on in the background , I know nothing but there as been some strange goings on, we've had months to sort out the strategy going forward,  the Akpom thing, Howson missing, Coburn not involved, Dykstra  out , Goalkeepers away, 

Carrick came in and knew nothing about the club or team,hence the hiring of Woodgate ,they turned it around ,by whom?, so, once Carrick became comfortable with things , he started to  inprint himself and his way, is this when we imploded ,which as carried on, although the January signings did help, I'm just looking at things and the bigger picture, we don't seem to have an identity at the moment it's all over, are you telling me,Jones and Crooks are better footballers than Mcgree , I love Hackney,but he as struggled in a number of games, Barlaser a little inconsistent,  the new signings ,we don't know yet?

I just don't want the club to revert to what as happened in the past,with the likes of Strachan,and Monk , just saying

ReplyQuote

Quote From Stewart Downing

"I’d like to see Cameron Archer back," Downing added when asked about where Boro need to strengthen still in the transfer window.

"From a selfish point of view, I was hoping that he wouldn’t get a chance at Aston Villa so we could get him back. He was brilliant when he came in last season and worked really well with Akpom.

"I think Carrick will be trying that, but elsewhere I was a bit surprised by Middlesbrough ’s transfers this summer. I’d expect some proven Premier League players dropping down to get a chance or some with experience from the Championship, but a lot of them are unknown.

"That’s not their fault, but to bring a lot in all in one go and expect them to hit the ground running is probably not fair on them."

ReplyQuote

Latte Lath goals on YouTube.  Predominately left footed but can score with both feet and his head.  Strong on the ball and has some pace.  It remains to be seen whether he can perform at Championship level.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq7pgY2QJD0 😎

This post was modified 9 months ago by K P in Spain

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@k-p-in-spain 

Latte

Grounds for a good season then ?

Or will he have us frothing at the mouth?

I’m only stirring it !

OFB

ReplyQuote

@k-p-in-spain 

Pretty impressive KP

ReplyQuote

@original-fat-bob.  I should cocoa.  Just hope he doesn’t grind us all down! 😎

Liked by 4 people: Original Fat Bob, Powmill-Naemore, Malcolm and Selwynoz

ReplyQuote

Let's hoppe he does better than the Americano we've just sent back on loan.

@k-p-in-spain - I know it is possible for people, who are far more IT literate than I, to put together a skillfully-edited video which can give a misleading impression, but if that video shows the REAL picture, Latte Lath looks very good indeed. Stong, smooth and with the ability to keep defenders wide awake (indeed, enough to give them the shakes). If he can do that for Boro at regular intervals, he'll fill our cups to overflowing....

Powmill-Naemore

@forever-dormo Agreed. However, as you said, anyone can put a video together. What it shows are the goals (16 goals in 24 appearances overall for St Gallen - so roughly a goal every two games. What it doesn't show is anything of his non-goal scoring contribution is he good on the ball, does he bring players in, does he make space, how many attempts does he miss........

This is where what Len had to say about basing your judgement on the few statistics or video clips you get to see. We have to hope that Boro have scouted him thoroughly so have a genuinely good idea of how he will contribute to the whole team effort.

Fingers crossed....

Selwynoz

Am I the only one finds the Teesside Live coverage of Cameron Archer somewhat stupid. There are a significant number of Premier League sides who will pay a lot of money for him either as a purchase with buyback or a season long loan. That will give him a step up from last season in the Championship. We just don't have that money or provide that option. I'd love to have him back but I just can't see it happening.

I'm just wishing the best of luck to our new left back/centre forward combination. The new Giles and Akpom 🙂 

UTB

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/15/emmanuel-latte-lath-joins-boro/

I did a double take when I saw this. I hope that Carrick is standing on a box.

UTB

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

Posted by: @selwynoz

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/15/emmanuel-latte-lath-joins-boro/

I did a double take when I saw this. I hope that Carrick is standing on a box.

UTB

I checked online. Apparently, Carrick is 6ft2 and both Engel and Latte Lath are around 5ft10. 

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@selwynoz Cameron Archer is 175 cm in new money. I think Carrick prefers pace over hight in attack. Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

@jarkko  as long as they keep the ball on the floor.

ReplyQuote

@selwynoz.  No your not alone and I agree entirely with you views. The EG has gone down hill over the years and particularly since they fell out with SG/MFC.

The current journalist are not in the same league as AV et al and I suspect that Cliff Mitchell is turning in his grave at the articles which are now turned out; its not journalism it’s space filling. 😎

ReplyQuote

@selwynoz 

The 'reporting' in Teesside live is desperate. Out of date re-hash and cut and paste, I wish they'd just do an article a proper probing, searching article for once. Mind you that ability to produce quality journalism obviously isn't there. I'm also sick of reading about the 'race' for last years loanees and the 'window slamming shut'. Can't they invent a few new cliches? I know people say DiasBoro pats itself on the back sometimes but at least we ask questions, try to answer them and seek out topics.

Enough moaning about TL, I'm hopeful and optimistic about the two new signings. The Danish player looks very strong and I'm sure they'll both get all the support they need from the terraces and the club, heaven knows we need them.

Anyway best wishes to everyone and an autumn clean behind the couch is called for to get rid of the crisp packets and beer cans so that that my darkened terrace is ready for Saturday.

OFB, what did you make of the Man Utd goalkeepers non-foul against Wales? VAR, what's that? Officials what are they? Was Sir Alex in the Stand?

All the best to Ken too.

UTB, 

John

ReplyQuote
jarkko

Posted by: @pedro

@jarkko  as long as they keep the ball on the floor.

Not even from corners under Carrick, me thinks 😁. Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote
 gt

The positive of last seasons loan players , maybe it's a need rather than a want, is the fact how successful they where,  and future young stars might ,like to come here as a stepping stone, 

My last post may look like I'm questioning the staff, I'm not  I'm only looking at recent events, losing these loan players , Akpom going, obviously recent games going back to the last ten games nobody can deny it didnt dropped off, every game is three points not just a few. And in my opinion some of the defensive issues haven't been addressed. 

ReplyQuote
 gt

Footnote when I say defensive issues I'm saying not individual players ,I'm saying how we set up against the counter, are our midfielders too slow. Even your favorite player can be replaced,it happens at every club

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@john-richardson 

I’ve had comments from former premiership refeees who have formally asked PLGOL why there was such a shambles regarding this incident John. Heads will roll believe me and personally I thought it was shocking refereeing.

Hope all is well in the world cheers 

OFB

Liked by 4 people: Selwynoz, Malcolm, jarkko and K P in Spain

ReplyQuote

@original-fat-bob - I thought it was a penalty by the Man U keeper against WOLVES but my Man U supporting friend, not surprisingl,y did not.  The keeper basically took out two attackers in the air, in the box, and without the keeper making any contact on the ball. I thought if the referee got in wrong, that was what VAR was there for.  Silly me.  DRS works much better in cricket than VAR in football.

And @Selwynoz and @KP I was similarly shocked to see how small the two new signings looked in the photos compared to Carrick, though I realised that MC is a BIG UNIT (as they tend to say). And, @Jarkko, Cameron Archer's 175cm in new money is 5ft 8.9inches Imperial.  Not Juninho small or Mannion small but for a striker, as we'd say in the playground: a bit of a Titch.

ReplyQuote

@original-fat-bob 

Thank you OFB, and embarrassing shambles from them all. I'm OK, still continuing with the recovery and radio Therapy still keeps handing out side effects but otherwise OK. I see the Consultant tomorrow, he spends about an hour with me just assessing everything and inevitably there's an examination which is painful, how they turn your tongue upside down I do not know but he's delighted sos far. If he is I am!

I hope you're OK now, take care.

UTB,

John

@john-richardson - Best Wishes, John and Good Luck at tomorrow's appointment!

Page 27 / 31
Share: