Discussion Forum

Boro Transfers In a...

Boro Transfers In and Out For Season 23/24

909 Posts
25 Users
3811 Likes
13.4 K Views

Posted by: @powmillnaemore

@lenmasterman To be fair Len, the quote from the gazette that Stircrazy posted does also say "Scouted by Boro over the course of the last 12 months", which reads to me that as well as looking at the statistics the club has also followed that up by looking at him in action.

Thanks for that, Powmill.  It was precisely that opening statement which made me highlight the paragraph.  😉

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Lens have made an £8M offer for Chuba Akpom.

Middlesbrough value Akpom at around £15m, and won't sell until a replacement is lined up. (sky sports)

OFB

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

Posted by: @jarkko

@selwynoz I hope Kieran Scott will find a player like Teemu Pukki. He did at Norwich - the Finnish International was playing in Denmark at the time. And we dreamed of having someone like him as at Boro 😊.

Up the Boro! 

let’s hope so. Maybe Silvera is that gem

utb

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Lukas Engel Will Undergo His Boro Medical Today (bold.dk- Denmark)

OFB

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@original-fat-bob And Carrick confirmed it will be imminent, too in his presser today. Close, but not signed yet.

Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @original-fat-bob

Lens has made an £8M offer for Chuba Akpom.

Middlesbrough value Akpom at around £15m, and won't sell until a replacement is lined up. (sky sports)

OFB

Just to clarify, I have not made no offer for nobody.

ReplyQuote
Powmill-Naemore

Posted by: @lenmasterman

Lens has made an £8M offer for Chuba Akpom.

OFB

Just to clarify, I have not made no offer for nobody.

🤣 

ReplyQuote
Powmill-Naemore

Posted by: @jarkko

@original-fat-bob And Carrick confirmed it will be imminent, too in his presser today. Close, but not signed yet.

Up the Boro!

re Engel -  I guess MC was a bit philosophical about it...

Liked by 4 people: Original Fat Bob, Malcolm, K P in Spain and jarkko

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

Len, to be fair, as much as I agree with what you say, and indeed also in your previous post about Championship experienced players, statistics have served Brentford well.

A model we are somewhat trying possibly to emulate. You certainly need a core of players that have higher Championship capability also.

Projects are all too well and good, but are risky if you are splashing the cash on them and they are not either free or come with a small fee.

Payero and Hoppe are two recent purchases costing a reasonable amount of money in Championship terms. The former may come good, butI doubt it. The latter is probably going to be a failure.  

One thing as well. Since relegation our recruitment from overseas has been appalling. This window is dominated by overseas recruitment. I know we have overhauled the recruitment department but it feels like quite an act of faith.

@deleriad From what I have witnessed at friendlies and the last two matches, I think Silvera, Van Den Berg, Gilbert and Rogers are decent acquisitions, not to mention, I think Payero will come good. Add them to the present squad gives a very strong bench with a couple more to come in, plus any loans we may acquire.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Boro are one of a handful of clubs to have registered an interest in West Ham midfielder Flynn Downes.

OFB

Liked by 4 people: Malcolm, K P in Spain, Selwynoz and Powmill-Naemore

ReplyQuote
 gt

If Scott Bristol  City is worth £25 m ,what's Hackney worth then , must be at least the same,maybe we've been shrugging off enquiries 

Liked by 4 people: Malcolm, K P in Spain, Original Fat Bob and Selwynoz

ReplyQuote

@gt Bournemouth really seem to be going for it this season. Look to have spent the best part of £100m. Hackney's not at Scott's level yet but another season like last season and that'll change. If we don't get promoted this season I can certainly see some Premier league clubs circling.

Premier league spending has gone nuts. Looks like there's already a net spend of close to £1bn. 

ReplyQuote

As per Sky Sports News:

Akpom future to be decided in 48 hours

The future of Middlesbrough striker Chuba Akpom is expected to be sorted in the next 48 hours.

Lens have made an £8m bid and there is strong interest from Sheffield United and Ajax.

It’s understood Boro’s valuation is more than £10m.

Akpom is into the final year of his contract and won’t be renewing. 😎

ReplyQuote
 gt

I think this off season as created a reality check for clubs outside the premiership, including Boro, the money and wages flying about is insane, 

It's fair to say we are so far behind in terms of competing for decent players or the type you need you wonder if we will ever get back to their level, it's obvious the club is limited as far as funds are concerned ,when 5 million is too much,and now we have to sell,

The hope is, you have one of those seasons similar to last season with a better finish ,otherwise  it gets harder and harder , we must find those gems you can sell for big money

COB

ReplyQuote

News on the ELL deal - Boro's bid apparently accepted:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-middlesbrough-agree-emmanuel-latte-lath-fee/

Liked by 4 people: Original Fat Bob, Malcolm, lenmasterman and Selwynoz

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Lens have agreed a fee of around €15M fee plus bonuses for Chuba Akpom. (Foot Mercato - France)

OFB

ReplyQuote

Lens have agreed a fee of around €15M fee plus bonuses for Chuba Akpom. (Foot Mercato - France)

OFB

I would be happy with £12.9m plus bonuses.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @stircrazy

Thanks, KP.

Just a footnote:  the U21 keeper is James Trafford, who has yet to concede a goal, but he's apparently going to Burnley...

That said, he's been unable to keep out two goals by Erling Haaland in the first half of the opening match of the EPL season, the first in the fourth minute...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

RC Lens and Middlesbrough FC have agreed a deal in principle for the transfer of English striker Chuba Akpom (27), according to a report this Friday from L’Equipe. The 27-year-old is set to sign a four-year deal with the Artois side. The French publication understands that Lens and the Championship side have shaken hands over a €11m transfer fee, with a further €2m possible in performance-related bonuses.

Akpom was entering his final year of contract with Middlesbrough. The English forward came to prominence last season with a remarkable 28 goal tally with Boro, but it was not enough for Michael Carrick’s side to earn a spot in the Premier League. RC Lens were in the market for a centre-forward following the €50m club-record sale of Belgium international Loïs Openda to RB Leipzig. With RC Lens, Chuba Akpom will be able to feature in the Champions’ League group stage. Les Sang et Or will kick off their Ligue 1 season on Sunday with an away game at Brest.

GFFN | Bastien Cheval

OFB

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

If this is correct, I wish him the best of luck. He was a real gentleman at MFC and a four year deal is great for him and his family.

utb

This post was modified 9 months ago by Selwynoz

Reported on Boro Fan TV, Ajax have reached an agreement with Boro to pay a fee of €12m plus €2m add ons, for Akpom, who will travel to Holland tomorrow for a medical prior to signing a 5 year deal.

Come on BORO

ReplyQuote

Report that Len’s have pulled out of deal for Chuba Akpom and explains why he now appears to be going to Ajax.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/lens-dramatically-pull-out-of-deal-for-middlesbroughs-chuba-akpom-at-last-minute/

😎

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

@k-p-in-spain   Let’s hope there is some truth in the article. Ajax sign him, we get some money and can finally move.

£10mil sounds about right. I never thought that we would get the 15 bandied about previously. What is interesting, if it goes ahead, no obvious interest from any EPL clubs.

ReplyQuote

Strong rumours that we have agreed a fee for Chris Willock from QPR with weaker rumours that Crooks might be going the other way. Willock is more of a winger than a #10 but he could play the role of a Chuba replacement.

Given that we have an awful lot of wingers I'm not convinced about this one. However, he was linked earlier in the season so it could be that he has long been our preferred Chuba replacement.

ReplyQuote

@pedro 

Agree although we need to get our finger out and arrange for a replacement ASAP - whilst nit wanting to judge a player before his boots are on, based in his stats, I am not convinced that Latte Lath is the solution.

Time will tell and happy to be proved totally wrong - it’s just that I have memories of previous wonder strikers that have been anything but………..

Álves springs to mind! 

ReplyQuote

@pedro.  I was never convinced that a PL club would be interested at the figures being talked about, given his overall scoring record and no PL experience. 😎

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

Posted by: @boro-beckys-dad

@pedro 

Agree although we need to get our finger out and arrange for a replacement ASAP - whilst nit wanting to judge a player before his boots are on, based in his stats, I am not convinced that Latte Lath is the solution.

Time will tell and happy to be proved totally wrong - it’s just that I have memories of previous wonder strikers that have been anything but………..

Álves springs to mind! 

I strongly suspect we might have done a reverse Álves with Akpom. I’ll be amazed if he gets anywhere near 20 goals this season. Hopefully we’ve cleaned up our transfer pot with Ajax. 

@martin-bellamy.  I just hope that Atalanta are not thinking the same about Latte Lath. 🤔😎

Page 26 / 31
Share: