Boro Transfers In a...

Boro Transfers In and Out For Season 23/24

909 Posts
25 Users
3811 Likes
13.3 K Views
Powmill-Naemore

Posted by: @malcolm

@martin-bellamy yes I remember Lonnie Donegan and Cumberland Gap too Martin. I was a fan of Lonnie,'s, as we're The Beatles.

...and I remember Norwich Road and Cumberland Road

ReplyQuote

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Boro are the latest Championship club to join the chase for Everton striker Ellis Simms. 

OFB

ReplyQuote
jarkko

I suppose the players are back in a week's time, possibly? I guess Carrick, Woody and co will be back a couple of days before to prepare. So could we finally get an interview towards the end of this week?

Secondly, does anyone have a clue when the home kit for next season will be lauched? In an ideal world this starting week ...

Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

Posted by: @powmillnaemore

@martin-bellamy yes I remember Lonnie Donegan and Cumberland Gap too Martin. I was a fan of Lonnie,'s, as we're The Beatles.

...and I remember Norwich Road and Cumberland Road

me too. I lived in Eastbourne Road a couple of streets away and walked along Norwich Road pretty much every week.

utb

ReplyQuote
jarkko

As no other transfer gossip available, please remember that Payero returned to Argentina to join Boca Juniors on a season-long loan deal last summer. 

Recently Martín Payero was notified that he must return to Middlesbrough, starting in July, when his loan at Boca Juniors expires.

The Ribera club refused to make use of the purchase option, which has an amount of 6 million euros.

So at least we have a 'new' player returning to us. Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote

Cumberland Road and Amos' paper shop next to the cut through to Harrogate Crescent where my Aunt lived. That comment about Cumberland Road was a real memory jog!

UTB,

John

ReplyQuote

My fairy wand wish that maybe we could get Scotland and Manchester United midfielder Scott Mctominay on loan has just left me with egg on my face lol As Erik van Winkle or whatever they call him has just set a 40 million tag for the player. Ah well back, to reality

🤣

This post was modified 11 months ago by Malcolm

ReplyQuote

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

Posted by: @john-richardson

Cumberland Road and Amos' paper shop next to the cut through to Harrogate Crescent where my Aunt lived. That comment about Cumberland Road was a real memory jog!

UTB,

John

We moved from Norwich Road when I was 6 so my memory of it is a little hazy. I do recall walking to Albert Park and also into Linthorpe to a sweet shop. Wasn’t there a fish and chip shop nearby too? My Dad’s brother and his family lived quite close by, but for the life of me I can’t remember the road. 

ReplyQuote

@martin-bellamy  I remember a chippy near The Broadway pub close to the Palladium cinema and Palladium buildings and a Co-op coal yard on Cumberland Road before you got to Linthorpe Village where there were two chippies, the Silver Grid and one near the Post Office. Maybe there was one near the Assembly Room building to, I'm definitely stretching my memory banks here!

No doubt I'll get recall at 03.00 in the morning.

UTB,

John

Liked by 4 people: Forever Dormo, Selwynoz, Malcolm and Martin Bellamy

ReplyQuote

Powmill-Naemore

Ref to Jones

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/23614269.isaiah-jones-mental-health-problems-affecting-middlesbrough/?re

Good for IJ to come out about his problems. It is a brave thing to put your vulnerabilities out there. Also good on the club and the management/coaching staff for supporting him sympathetically. 

ReplyQuote

@malcolm 

Thanks for the link Malcolm.

May I put in a 5* recommendation for the Beautiful Game podcast which is referenced in the Echo piece.

It's a fantastic interview with Isaiah Jones and a credit both to the young player and his interviewers. Both very moving and very funny.

ReplyQuote
Selwynoz

@john-richardson 

There was a chippy down the bottom of Eastbourne Rd and a really good one in Chipchase Road in Linthorpe. It may even be still there (presumably not the same people. It’s a long time ago)

ReplyQuote

@selwynoz  I remember Chipchase Road now, what a great address for a fish and chip shop!

ATB,

UTB,

John

ReplyQuote

@jarkko.  MFC website stating new home kit to be unveiled next week (Friday 7th July). 😎

This post was modified 11 months ago by K P in Spain

ReplyQuote
 gt

If Darlow is that good ,why have Newcastle replaced him with other keepers , on a number of occasions, I guess they don't trust him

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@k-p-in-spain Cheers. At least the players are back, too. Hopefully we will see a press conference with Carrick, too.

Getting exiceted again. Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote

ReplyQuote

Me personally I would try not to bring him back to Boro. Who actually signed him.

ReplyQuote
 gt

I think Payero might be suited more to a Carrick type team , were  technical and possession is required, not just racing around like previously, let's see 

Another report/rumour of a player MFC are allegedly interested in recruiting. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/sammy-silvera-hearts-transfer-fight-30335405

😎

ReplyQuote

Apart from going to Portugal for a weeks training and a practice match behind closed doors....there is no mention of any updates on transfers etc. At least we know Michael Carrick  is still here. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
jarkko

What we have at the moment:

GK: Roberts/Brynn/another

Defence: Smith/Dijksteel,  Fry/McNair,  Lenihan/Clarke, Bola/another (Coulson)

CM: Howson/Payero, Hackney/Barlaser 

AM: Jones/Hoppe, Akpom/Crooks,  McGree/another

CF: Forss/Coburn/another

There I have mentioned practically all the players in our 1st team squad now. We look light on two positions: goalkeeper & left midfield.

Where we need more experience is at centre forward and left back. And most probably in central midfield (Payero), too.

Possibly also on the right side, if Hoppe is not ready yet. And of course, Forss was decent in there.

Up the Boro!

This post was modified 11 months ago 6 times by jarkko

ReplyQuote

ReplyQuote

Liked by 5 people: Original Fat Bob, Selwynoz, lenmasterman, jarkko and Malcolm

ReplyQuote

Liked by 5 people: Original Fat Bob, Selwynoz, lenmasterman, jarkko and Malcolm

ReplyQuote

@exmil.  Can’t say this one fills me full of enthusiasm. I suppose we will have to wait to see if there is any substance to it and if it progresses.

As Hemings has gone on loan I hope the intention is to use Sol Brynn as reserve keeper for the first team and give him game time in the cup matches. 😎

ReplyQuote

Latest on twitter from Middlesbrough FC 🤔

https://twitter.com/Boro/status/1674115125937340417?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 31
Share: