Discussion Forum

Boro 2021/2022 Tran...

Boro 2021/2022 Transfer Targets & Rumours

288 Posts
23 Users
843 Likes
Site Creator

@original-fat-bob

Shame that Sunderland couldn't hang on to their lead it would have been good to have them back in the Championship now that fans will return to the stadiums - plus more importantly it was usually a guarantee of six points for Boro each season 😉 Amazingly they'll now be spending a fourth season in League One, which goes to show the risk of relegation

As for Wyke, maybe he'll be up for a move to Boro after the disappointment of not getting promoted - though is he just another one season wonder? After all he only scored 4 and 5 league goals in his previous two seasons at Sunderland - we should perhaps be a little worried he'll rediscover his true form once he'd arrived at Boro and filled his lungs with that Teesside Striker-Kryptonite air...

Disappointed that Sunderland didn't make it. They have a great fan base and they are certainly a club that echoes Boro rather than Newcastle. I guess there will be a bit of a clear out now they are still in division one. As for Charlie Wyke for Boro....no thank you.

ReplyQuote

@exmil

The players who proved not good enough to put Brit onto the bench are forming a long que at the exit, I think that Lewis Wing being loaned out to Rothoram was an attempt to move him on. Luckily for us, they cannot afford him, and if he has any sense he wouldn't go. If the new Keeper is any guide fear the worst, because the sheer lazy incompetence is deeply engrained into the heart of this club. There will be many clubs asking us if we will buy their worthless cast off's before giving them a free (it's always worth asking us, a few million isn't to be sniffed at)    

ReplyQuote

@k-p-in-spain

Fully agree, but went pale at your mention of the word cash and strategy in the same sentence. Please god no one is sent into the world with our wallet in his pocket. The wolves will have him in ten minutes, and our money. Keep your money, use your scouts to find Young players who can make it in the big league. Hire a coach, a Good one! Allow no dissent, and insist on max effort both home and away in every match. Then you might have an idea how good we are. Our present method of wild swings in form, and I do mean beating the leaders away, followed by being hammered by the dregs of the league at home, is simply an indication that we have no control over the players.  

ReplyQuote
Powmill-Naemore

A shout out for my local club St Johnston, who today became only the second club, other than the Old Firm, to lift both the Scottish League Cup and the Scottish Cup in the same season.

Zander Clark in goal impresses me, one that I think could hold his own in England. He will now be playing in Europe next term, so I dont expect he would want to move to the English Championship at the moment.

Also, have to say Callum Davidson impresses as a manager. He has StJohnston playing to their collective strength and with tremendous team spirit and has not been afraid to make some big decisions on his team selection. If we want someone to follow NW I would be looking at him.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Powmill-Naemore

ReplyQuote
Ken Smith
Mr

@powmillnaemore

I’ve spent many happy times in Perthshire especially at Gleneagles watching the Scottish Open Golf sometimes whist staying in Crieff and touring around Kinross, Crianlarich and Lochearnhead when Bed and Breakfast accommodation was around 10 shillings (50 pence) a night - those were the days!

ReplyQuote
Ken Smith
Mr

An awful display by Hartlepools far removed from the recent displays I’ve seen from them on BT Sport. Never came to terms with a blustery wind on an artificial pitch. Pools generally like to play a quick passing game at ground level but this pitch was so bouncy in the conditions, completely alien to what Pools are used to. But no excuses Pools were flattered by the 3-0 reverse although early on they did produce a stunning Leadbitterblaster which rattled the bar. As for Brad James the Pools goalie on loan from Boro, he had a nightmare of a game.

As it stands a draw would have been of little use to Pools. If they win at home to Weymouth next week and Stockport don’t win at Yeovil, Pools will finish 3rd thus avoiding one extra playoff match and therefore having a home semifinal, and can then hopefully look forward to a grand final match against Torquay at Ashton Gate, the home of Bristol City. But congratulations to Sutton United, worthy Champions after finishing 15th last season. They’ve never been a Football League club in their 123 year history, but will now have to dig up their artificial pitch in time for the start of next season.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Ken Smith

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Boro have captured the signature of attacking wide man Jeremy Sivi on a professional contract.

The club beat off the interest of clubs around Europe to sign the 18-year-old after he impressed during a trial period.

Sivi, who was with the Onside Football Academy in London, trained at Rockliffe towards the end of the season and made his debut for our Under-23s at Crystal Palace in the PL2.

His previous professional experience came as a youngster with Leyton Orient, while he also played with Harlow Town.

OFB

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Boro are said to be monitoring FC Midtjylland striker Sory Kaba.

According to the Daily Telegraph, both Swansea and Premier League-bound Watford have taken a look at the Guinea forward, while Neil Warnock's Middlesbrough are also said to be admirers.

OFB

The 26-year old has netted 14 goals in Denmark this season and was also playing Champions League football. It's not yet known what sort of price tag he would command.

ReplyQuote

Not transfer related but my cousin Andrew who is a tour guide at Edinburgh Castle and a Boro supporter, told me he met Steve Gibson and his wife at the Castle on Monday. Said Steve was a very nice man and told Andrew he was surprised that someone from Edinburgh supported the Boro!

This post was modified 3 years ago by Malcolm

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

@original-fat-bob

Given that most of our strikers in recent times should have apologised for going under the name goal-scorer, I suppose it's a move in the right direction for Boro to sign a striker called Sory - In fact there's probably a post-lockdown understated Riverside chant just waiting to be muttered out loud in search of that sheepish raised hand to acknowledgement another inglorious performance in front of goal.

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @malcolm

Not transfer related but my cousin Andrew who is a tour guide at Edinburgh Castle and a Boro supporter, told me he met Steve Gibson and his wife at the Castle on Monday. Said Steve was a very nice man and told Andrew he was surprised that someone from Edinburgh supported the Boro!

That'll be two of us in Edinburgh then. A small but exclusive club.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

The Black Cats say they've offered a deal to utility man Luke O'Nien who is yet to put pen-to-paper on a fresh deal at the club. 

According to Football Insider, Boro are said to be one of the clubs monitoring O'Nien's situation along with a number of other Championship sides

Sunderland will be hopeful of O'Nien commiting his future to the Stadium of Light while the eyes of Boro's recruitment staff could light up at the thought of capturing the 26-year-old on a free transfer. 

He's made 140 appearances, scoring 11 goals, in three seasons on Wearside. 

Meanwhile, Boro are said to be 'admirers' of FC Midtjylland striker Sory Kaba.

Daily Telegraph, Swanses City and Premier League-bound Watford have taken a look at the Guinea forward, while Neil Warnock's side are also said to be admirers.

The 26-year old has netted 14 goals in Denmark this season.

Goalkeeper Joe Lumley is Boro's only signing of the summer so far.

He'll link up with the team for pre-season once his contract at Queens Park Rangers expieres. 

OFB

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@werdermouth

Just  a sad sory story really !

OFB

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Middlesbrough-linked Kadeem Harris sends farewell message to Sheffield Wednesday

The winger was among 10 players released by the Owls as part of their retained list last week. The 27-year-old clocked up 88 appearances in his two-year stint with the South Yorkshire club.

Kadeem Harris has spoken of his "honour" at playing for Sheffield Wednesday as he edges closer to leaving the club.

The winger is among a plethora of players to have been released by the South Yorkshire club following their relegation to League One.

Harris, a free transfer recruit in the summer of 2019, made 88 appearances for the Owls, hitting three goals.

The former Wycombe Wanderers youngster has posted on his Instagram account: "I just want to thank everybody at Sheffield Wednesday players, staff and fans especially for all the love and support you’ve shown me and this team for the last two seasons.

"It’s a shame things didn’t end as well as they started nevertheless it was an honour to wear the shirt and I’ll always have love and respect for you all. I wish you nothing but the best for the future and I’m sure you’ll bounce back next season!"

Harris has already been linked with a host of Championship clubs, including Middlesbrough, Reading, Stoke City. He is a player Neil Warnock knows well, with the Boros boss having managed the winger at Cardiff City.

Indeed, it was Warnock who allowed Harris to leave South Wales to join The Owls  only because the winger was behind Junior Hoilett and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing in the pecking order for game time.

OFB

ReplyQuote

@deleriad

I lived in and around Edinburgh for three years in the mid-2000s as well.

Great place.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Andy R

ReplyQuote
Ken Smith
Mr

Posted by: @andy-r

@deleriad

I lived in and around Edinburgh for three years in the mid-2000s as well.

Great place.

Hibs or Hearts ? Or maybe Leith where “The Leith polith dismitheth us” tongue twister originated from?

This post was modified 3 years ago 5 times by Ken Smith

Liked by 4 people: Original Fat Bob, Malcolm, deleriad and jarkko

ReplyQuote
jarkko

I have seen both Hibs and Hearts once in Edinburgh (or Edinboro) when on holiday in Scotland about 30 years ago.

For me it is Hibs. Already before Mogga was there.

Yes, Edinburgh is a beautiful city. Been there also on business (also Dumfries) and hope to be there once again. 

Up the Boro!

Liked by 4 people: Original Fat Bob, Malcolm, Ken Smith and deleriad

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

It’s been confirmed that goalkeeper Jordan Archer, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Marvin Johnson won’t be offered new deals and are set to become free agents.

Johnson’s departure may surprise a few Boro supporters after the 30-year-old made 42 league appearances during the 2020/21 campaign.

OFB

Liked by 4 people: jarkko, lenmasterman, K P in Spain and Andy R

ReplyQuote
jarkko

@original-fat-bob

it is understood that Warnock took the decision to let Johnson go this summer, telling the player at the end of the season he would be better served finding a new club because at his age he needed to play regular football. Warnock, known throughout his career for his honesty with players, admitted he couldn't offer Johnson that at Boro as he looks for better this summer.

The same might apply to Archer, too. He would be playing debuty to Lumley next season.

Up the Boro!

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

@original-fat-bob

I'd be surprised if Boro find someone of Johnson's ability to replace him - he was looking like one of our better players until he oddly became a peripheral figure from January. He could play both on the left and right, had decent pace and was one of the few that could beat his man and produce a decent cross - also had a good strike and at think at one point was the leading scorer. Perhaps his flexibility became his downfall and wasn't first choice in any one position.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@werdermouth

Just because they perform on the pitch doesn’t always mean they are a team player!

OFB

ReplyQuote

Not really directly  Boro related but just seen that Watford have signed Mattie Pollock 20 year old  son of Jamie Pollock from Grimsby for 250000 pounds.  He is a 6 foot 3 inch centre back. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@mw-in-darwin

I’ve seen him play quite a few times in junior football and he’s quite a handful and very strong with a lot of determination.

OFB

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Mendez Laing

At the moment, Boro officials regard Mendez-Laing’s demands as unrealistic, and given the 29-year-old’s injury issues, the Boro would only be willing to offer a contract that was heavily dependent on appearances.

Mendez-Laing’s representatives are talking to a number of different parties, but if those discussions fall through, Warnock has told the Midlander he is free to link up with the Boro squad for the start of pre-season training, at a which point another round of discussions could take place.

OFB

ReplyQuote
jarkko

This is a type of striker I hope Boro were looking at. Big, strong and young but still some Championship experience.

Barnsley have opted against signing striker Daryl Dike at the end of his loan spell with the Championship side, parent club Orlando City have stated.

USA international Dike was a key figure in the Tykes' run to the promotion play-offs, scoring nine goals in 22 games to secure a fifth-place finish.

He is 20-year-old, and he had an option for a permanent deal in place.

But this is pure speculation from my side. Up the Boro! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@jarkko

We couldn’t hope to sign him but possible manage getting him on loan

OFB

Liked by jarkko
ReplyQuote
jarkko

Nothing to report on transfer market, really. All football people on holiday. Even McNair and Saville started their holidays after both playing 90 min for Northern Ireland this week.

Just a reminder that the transfer window opens in less than a week. From June 9th to August 31st, all Premier League and EFL clubs will be able to officially buy and sell players.

So tumble weed again. Up the Boro!

Liked by K P in Spain
ReplyQuote

@jarkko, That was the provisional transfer window dates set in about February but it is still to be confirmed with 5 days to go. Nowhere on any site, including the official EFL site, are the actual dates published.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @exmil

@jarkko, That was the provisional transfer window dates set in about February but it is still to be confirmed with 5 days to go. Nowhere on any site, including the official EFL site, are the actual dates published.

Come on BORO.

It's bizarre that the EFL have nothing on their site yet both Sky and the Mirror are quoting the same dates as Jarkko which are the most likely.

As a body responsible for the Sport, fans are entitled to far better from them but unfortunately once again they seem unfit for purpose. Clubs will no doubt be working with the June 9th to August 31st dates as they cannot leave it until some idiot at EFL realises that they have to make a decision.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 10
Share: