182 Posts
22 Users
730 Likes

Crisis? What crisis?

Never in doubt

Howay the lads

ReplyQuote

Posted by: @forever-dormo

Rogers: 3-1 to Boro after a great pass by McGree who probably thinks he should have been on the pitch from the start.  Phew! Surely that is that? Two goals in stoppage time making the score look comfortable.  As soon as the whistle goes, I'm off...

Bye, bye!  (And breathe).

Comfortable, FD, or respectable?  😉

ReplyQuote

Never doubted the result 😉 😉 

ReplyQuote
Clive Hurren

Great win. Shows what I know!! All 3 goals ( as seen on Sky Sports) were terrific, and we seemed to be playing some lovely football. Let’s hope this is the confidence booster we need for Saturday. 

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

Just saw the final score - well Boro certainly left it late and good to see two of the under-performers at the weekend scored in injury time to avoid the dreaded shootout.

At least it's a much-needed confidence boost to hopefully carry over into the weekend - still I'll have to wait until the early hours of Thursday for the highlights on ITV4 - which given the one hour time difference I can guarantee that I won't be tuning in at 1:15am but instead recording them for viewing over breakfast.

So, the Caraboa Cup can hide but it can't run - no sorry I think that's me - anyway, exciting times (I'd imagine) if only it was available to watch. I guess it will be Man Utd in the next round - it always is - plus it will make a nice back story for the media with Carrick - we may even get a mention.

Can't wait for the draw now - it's live at 10:15pm tomorrow night - that's 11:15pm tomorrow night for me - shame I'll already be in bed! I guess I can wait after all.

Anyway, good that they're showing the highlights 2 hours after the live draw so if you manage to stay awake you already know who has won the ties - it's the kind of joined up thinking that makes the Caraboa Cup what it is - A mess!

Pedro de Espana

Well done Dormo with your 1-3 prediction. That must be first correct one on here this season. 😎 

ReplyQuote

ReplyQuote
jarkko

Can we win the cup now to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Cardiff triumph?

20 years ago we started the season in a same way. BoroStats tweeted (x'ed?) before the match yesterday:

Boro twenty years ago and now...

𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝟮𝟬𝟬𝟯 P4 W0 D1 L3 F4 A10 Pts 1
𝗔𝘂𝗴 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 P4 W0 D1 L3 F3 A9 Pts 1

Beat Bolton in the League Cup and won their first major trophy.

Up the Boro!

jarkko

Well done Dormo with your prediction! I was thinking a 0-2 win but should have known that clean sheets were a thing of the past. It was the Jim Platt era ...

Up the Boro! 

ReplyQuote

That felt a bit like last season: both the bad and some of the good.

Start slow, go behind, things look shaky. Clear our heads, equalise before half-time. Second half is a bit in the balance with at least one narrow escape for us until we score two late goals and run out 3-1 winners. Scoreline looks comfortable. Games wasn't.

Well, I got the Boro 3 bit right! Just happy that the rest was wrong. Although the late timings of the goals was a concern and only after MC had made some changes.

McGree needs to start on Saturday.

ReplyQuote

Hi Friends, off to my favourite place for a few weeks, Dalyan in Turkey. (if the flight is still available) so will be following Diasboro for all the news.

Probably won't be able to comment etc...Thank god for that you say! 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Take care all. UTB.

@pedro _ Thanks!  I don't know about the predictions of others on here, but my predictions are best regarded by the professional punter as a bet to avoid!

"Forever Dormo says what? Right, let's put the money on the opposite score!"

This post was modified 8 months ago by Forever Dormo

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

The extended highlights of last night's tie are now available on the MFC website

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/30/highlights--bolton-1-boro-3/

ReplyQuote

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

@exmil 

Don't know much about the young Everton striker Tommy Cannon but as long as Boro don't try to partner him with Bobby Ball it may be a serious option...

Just checked his stats and he scored 8 goals for Preston in his last 13 games on loan so pretty good strike rate if he can continue that - he's valued at around £5m though if Boro are looking to buy.

Comparing Archer to Cannon loans at Preston, Archer aged 20, scored 11 in 20, Cannon aged 19, scored 8 in 20 (after a slow start) Preston see him as ideal replacement for Archer. Let’s hope Cannon can fire us to promotion.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@malcolm 

don’t forget your preview for Saturday before you go !

OFB

ReplyQuote
Site Creator

Posted by: @original-fat-bob

@malcolm 

don’t forget your preview for Saturday before you go !

OFB

If Malcolm hasn't got time to write a preview before he heads off on holiday I could probably step in.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@werdermouth 

good man 👨 

ReplyQuote

@original-fat-bob 

Hopefully Flying Friday 😆 

ReplyQuote
 gt

Interesting watching Latte, he seems to like coming off defenders ,alla Kane and then play one two's, to break into the box late,maybe he gets the Chuba role ,and we sign someone to play at the top end, don't know anything about Greenwood and Cannon ,are they strikers 

ReplyQuote
 gt

On another note,rumors around the Riley Mcgree maybe leaving supposed to be bids in,I hope not I believe he's a top player and would easily fit into a premiership  team, although I'm concerned Carrick recently made the statement that the days of the maverick  player as gone, and Mcgree is a little different .

ReplyQuote

@gt I must admit I have seen nothing from reliable media sources, relating to any bids for McGree, are your rumours off twitter and the like 🤔.

Come on BORO.

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

@exmil. How many players have they signed already. It looks as though 365 have loosened the pursestrings.

ReplyQuote

Sky Sports News reporting Norwich have bid £7M for Tom Cannon and he wants to join them!

Also reporting MFC have agreed deal with Leeds for Sam Greenwood on season loan. 😎

This post was modified 8 months ago by K P in Spain

ReplyQuote
Pedro de Espana

@k-p-in-spain  I think 7mil is quite alot for the young man. However, nothing surprises me with regards to transfer fees

ReplyQuote
Martin Bellamy

I see that Djed Spence has gone to Leeds on loan. It’s definitely not worked out for him at Spurs but it appears that whilst Leeds will pay his wages, they have no option to buy. 

ReplyQuote

Report from Northern Echo re loan deals for Sam Greenwood and Lewis O’Brien:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/23757126.middlesbrough-set-sign-sam-greenwood-lewis-obrien-follow/

😎

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7
Share: