Discussion Forum

Rotherham v Boro

Rotherham v Boro

64 Posts
18 Users
333 Likes
 gt

On the idea , we win as a team and lose as one, OK, if the opposition goalie ,plays out of his skin, but when the rest of the team does everything to score and the one problem is a Greenwood, don't forget the game before against W , Brom, ball comes over ,he has a tap in, and puts it in the next county, in some games he didn't run back to help defence, on another note what's the medical team doing, I've never seen anything like it.

Fact , midtable for our fantastic fans ,is not acceptable, enough is enough, excuses,excuses, Ipswich, Sunderland above us now,Rotherham beat us, ,time to let them know.

ReplyQuote

Whilst we were all clamouring for Boro to sign Greenwood after his superb goal from a free kick and the obvious energy he brought to the side we have now seen his other side. This is the one that persuaded Leeds that perhaps they could afford to let him go out on loan with an agreed fee at the end of that period. He has snatched at and missed and blazed over a hatful of chances when a calmer head may have resulted in goals. If he had been capable of that then the fee for him would have been exorbitant.

He needs coaching and I expect the Boro back room staff will be working hard with him to improve his finishing (and all our other strikers !)

OFB

@gt.  I am not a great Greenwood fan, he still has a lot to prove to me to justify his fee but please don’t place all the blame onto him.

Yes he missed two/three chances yesterday but Isiah Jones, Morgan Rodgers and Sam Silvera also missed chances yesterday and in recent games so it is not just one individual.

Who is to say that if Josh Coburn and Emanuel Latte Lath had both played 90 mins yesterday they would have scored.

It seems to be a perennial Boro problem, trying to find a consistent goal scorer and on the rare occasions we do (last season as an example) the defence tends to be leaky.

Not since JC’s tenure in my time have we been able to combine the two, a solid defence allied to a free scoring attack; bring back Willie Maddren, Stuart Boam, John O’Rourke and John Hickton I say, but there again I am getting long in the tooth! 😎

ReplyQuote

@original-fat-bob.  I do hope you are right that he can be coached.

For me he he has a nonchalance about him that says he will not make it at the highest level.

Yesterday and in the previous match he had chances to score in the centre of the goal which, had they fallen to other players, would have ended in the back of the net, needless to say he managed to hit the keeper/defender or blazed over/against the bar.

He needs to display a significant improvement over the second half of the season for me or else we need to let all the other supposed interested teams battle it out for his signature. 😎

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: